Matteus has a brother ...

Yes, yes, yes ... we want to SHOUT it from the mountain top ...

Matteus has a new brother, Bella has a new brother, and Faith has a new brother! And Sam and I have a new, beautiful baby boy!

Today we received the final confirmation that we get the SACRED priviledge and honor of being the forever mommy and daddy to the most beautiful 2 month old that I know!

Not only ARE we adopting from Ghana, from Beacon House (check out His Little Beacons on the right) ... we know WHO we are adopting! We know WHO our son is!

YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE, YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THANK YOU Jesus!

And if only I knew in December what I know now! Well in honesty, although the last couple of months have been terribly hard ... I am thankful for them, because I needed to grow, I needed to take my focus off of me and on to Jesus! The last couple of months have made me realize how self-absorbed I had made my life, and that instead of my life being one centered on Jesus, I had let the world and its views impact my life in an overwhelming way! I needed purification! I realize now that I have to INTENTIONALLY on EVERY LEVEL of my life work to make sure that Jesus is on the THRONE, and that it is not me on the throne! I could go on and on ... but back to the YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, and WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ....

THANK YOU Jesus for everything you have taught me in the last couple of months! THANK YOU Jesus for our precious beautiful new son!

Do you have any heroes? People who inspire you beyond words to live life more fully, to live life more sacrificially, and to live life more devoted to Jesus? Are any of your heroes people who you have not even met? I have 2 such heroes in Ghana, one of which is the AMAZING woman Romana who has "literally" given her whole life to take care of God's precious little ones (orphans) in Ghana, also working totally sacrifically for us adoptive families who want to call these precious and beautiful angels our own! My other hero is Heidi (and her family), the AMAZING foster mom who is right now being mom to our son. Based on everything I have heard about her, I don't think there is any other person I would rather have taking care of him. I without a shadow of a doubt know that she loves him deeply and unconditionally, and that she also loves my Father and Creator of the Universe passionately!

I am beyond words SO thankful to these 2 amazing woman of God, and will be forever inspired, connected and thankful for them! God used THEM to save our son and to heal, restore, and bring him back to life! I know though that God not only intervened in our new son's life but also in Sam and my life (and Bella's, Faith and Matteus)! I know that we will learn so much from our new son, and I know that we will be beyond words blessed through him! I know he is and will be a SACRED gift from our Heavenly Father!

We are not sure when we will get to bring our new son home, we think sometimes before or around summer time! We know that the time will be God's "perfect"time! We have no worries as we KNOW God has it already ALL taken care of, and that He through Romana will bring it all about! THANK YOU Jesus for what you have done, are doing and will do!

Comments

This baby boy has a God ordained life! He is precious! I have had the opportunity to see him as we randomly ran into Heidi and he at the grocery store after I arrived. As I have learned where he has come from and how far he has come I can do nothing but Praise God!
Dave
K said…
I am so happy for your family. Wonderful that you slowed it down to hear His plan for your family. That can be incredibly difficult , but His plan is always better than ours.(I keep having to learn this lesson over and over...);)
I love seeing this all unfold. I have been blessed by your account of how our Lord has worked in your lives.
Love,
K.
The Princess said…
I cannot tell you happy I am for your family!!! Your baby is so beautiful I can't wait to meet him. I cried as I read our blog because I too can so relate to being self-absorbed and the painful process of getting over myself. Congratulations Hansen-Quine Family!
Carissa said…
Wow! so much has happened in your lives these past few months!!!
congradulations on your new son!!!

may you all be blessed, Carissa