A strange sighting at the US Embassy today!

Today at 2:35 PM, Ghana time, a strange sighting was reported at the US Embassy!
*********
A caucasian woman carrying a brown baby reportedly let out some "yippees," and "wahoos," while simultaneously doing some dancing and skipping!
**********
This was a rare sight to see, as the environment inside the US Embassy in Ghana is generally one of complete silence. This is despite the fact that generally there are dozens of people waiting in chairs for their embassy appointment. Usually the only noise inside the embassy is that of CNN news which plays on a little TV for all of the individuals waiting!
*************
The US embassy official reportedly told the woman that she could do anything she wanted to express her the JOY she was feeling!
*************
None of the bystanders asked the woman what was going on, but it was clear by the expressions on their faces that they knew!
*************
The white woman was bringing the brown baby to the US! The white woman had received the VISA she needed to bring home her son!
************
The guards were also noted to smile and greet the woman as she left the US embassy for the last time, them having seen her on a total of 5 different occasions!!
*******************
After MONTHS of WAITING ON THE LORD, the woman and her precious son are heading home this upcoming SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will be welcomed home by an amazing and good looking dad and husband, and by 3 wonderful and beautiful siblings!
*************
Oh HAPPY DAY ................
I feel SOOOOOOOO COMPLETELY BLESSED and THANKFUL!!!
What a JOURNEY this has been!
Despite the difficulties, I PRAISE Jesus for EVERYTHING He has done in the last year!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEE
*************
Bella, the brother you said we SHOULD adopt from Africa is finally coming HOME!

Comments

Unknown said…
Yipee!!!!
love Greg, Rebekka, and Adi
Carrie said…
Wish I could have been there :) Hope to see you all soon. Congratulations!!!
Love,
Carrie
Carrie said…
Wish I could have been there :) Hope to see you all soon. Congratulations!!!
Love,
Carrie
Monte, Kelli said…
We are sooooooooo Happy for you, we cant wait to meet little Kody!!
K said…
Dancing with you and skipping along with you! Yay!

K :) :) :)
We "Yahoooo with you!"
Way to BREAK up the SILENCE with shouts of JOY to the LORD! (I can see the Embassy waiting room and the guards!)
A visa in hand is the MIGHTY work of the Lord!
Can not wait to YIPPEEE with you face to face!
Rebecca said…
Tears, tears, tears of JOY!!
What a glorious day!!
With JOY!
Rebecca
Unknown said…
This is awesome and so happy for your family. I sure hope you go Friday to the Fair! That is the day we are going and we'd love to see you all!!!! Not that it is all about me ;)

Love to you!
Kathy

PS I'm in "the booth" from 2:30 - 4:30 on Friday ~ otherwise I have my cell (and Carrie has that number).
Ericka said…
YEAH!!!!!
Doing the happy dance in here in the Midwest!!!!!!
Cracking up at the picture you presented in your post!!!
Too funny!!!!!
The Princess said…
I hope I can type correctly, seeing that the screen is totally blurry (due to the flood of tears!!!...you understand, Maria, being a sympathy crier like me:) I am soooooo overjoyed at your homecoming. Sometimes, I cannot believe how good God is to us. Kuddos for being faithful, listening to Him and traveling all the way to Africa to fight for you baby. He will ALWAYS know that his Mama loves him!!!
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful sight it must have been! I bet those guards would have danced right along with you if they could (or at least given you a high five!!) :)
We can't wait to meet Kody and hug this little miracle God has brought to your lives. Thanks for letting us be apart of your amazing journey even when it was so hard to share your heart. We have been so blessed by your and Sam's friendship and especially your faith that has challenge us!
See you very very very soon!!!
Kristi
PS Hope you are feeling better. Boy did this bring back memories of the day we HAD to go to the US Embassy in Ethiopia!!!
Jen said…
Awesome!! I am so excited for you!! Yep, I can picture the room and everyone looking over as you celebrated!! How fabulous!!

I wish you a safe journey home with your baby! May he sleep well on the long plane ride and be as easy as Selina was!!

Jennine
Praise the Lord!!! We serve a MIGHTY GOD!! Can't wait to see Kody at church!!
Praying for safe travels home!
I have been following your Journey and this has to be the best news I have heard all month!! Tears in my eyes Praise Jesus!
Momto16 said…
Congratulations! What a blessing! I loved this post and could just feel your joy. I can't wait to hear the next post from home. :)
Many Blessings,
Sarah