Adoption News - NO News!


I know some of you are praying along with us and so I wanted to share that we have no news regarding court! We have not heard anything and are not sure as of the status of our court case!

We do know though that there was a power surge that wiped out the computer at Beacon House, not sure when things will get back up in running! This is the way things are in Ghana (often) which we totally understand! I remember when I was there I needed some computer paper ... well the one store in all of Ghana that carried the paper ... was out (which is a regular occurence there, they often run out of pretty much anything you can imagine)!

So although my brain FULLY understands how things in Ghana can go, my heart has a hard time keeping up ...

The court case has been heavy on my heart this week ... I wish I could say I've been sleeping peacefully and not thinking about it too much ... but the reality is that it is not my reality nor the way I'm wired (the way God made me)!! The last two nights I have woken up in the middle of the night to pray ... not purposely, I didn't set my alarm :) ... and I am someone who is also wired to need lots of sleep :)
I know all of you adoptive parents understand how difficult it is to have one of your "own" children living in another country so far away from you, on top of that living in an orphanage (although like I've said before I truly believe Beacon House is an amazing place to be)!

Sooooo ... I'm back already to leaning on Isaiah 40:31 ... "those that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength !" I'm a bit disappointed in myself that I'm already needing this verse to be my rock ... but not too disappointed as again I know this is how God has wired me ... to TOTALLY and COMPLETELY NEED Him for EVERYTHING in my life!


WE SOOOOOOOOOOOO APPRECIATE YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS ... we totally depend on your prayers for the whole process of bringing home our 3rd daughter!!!!
(Just thought I would share a totally random picture of Matteus and his 2 best friends who used to go everywhere with him but now they usually stay home except for long trips or overnights ... they are his twin puppies! Boy was my heart blessed when I last year saw the twin in a store and bought it for $5 ... priceless ... )

Comments

Rebecca said…
Maria, I haven't had a chance to email you back but I wanted to tell you thank you for praying for Andrew and Peter during your Sunday PM/Monday AM waking. RJ and I both woke at 3:00 am without having planned to and we found out that day that my Mom woke up at 3:00 to pray as did our friend Terri. The SPIRIT is moving. We are praying that you have news of court very soon and that she will soon be in your arms again. Wish I could love on her for you!
Praying!
Rebecca said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
What a cool pic of Matteus- he's with his buddies Ralph&Lauren, ask if he remembers the story.

:)