Never Underestimate my Jesus

This post is going to be really vague ...

This song came on the radio this morning, and I heard God say, "don't underestimate me, remember everything I HAVE already done??"

On some days and moments during the adoption wait, it takes ALL of my strength to fully TRUST ... and sometimes I feel like I don't have any strength left!! Yesturday I had long moments like that ...

The moments were connected to that I have been mentally struggling with something this week (I am processing) .... and sigh at times it feels so overwhelming!! Last week I clearly felt like God say that I was not ready at all to go to Ghana (I wasn't) and I needed to get ready and I needed to be ready to go when He (and Romana) said GO!!!! Simultaneously I also felt God say, the time could be soon, or the time could be months from now!!! AND I needed to trust Him, be in constant prayer, and be celebrating and praising regardless of the TIME!!!!!!!

Well I think I forgot to share that yesturday Emmanuel went to the passport office and was told nothing was ready,and to come back!!!

My heart has a hard time being ready to go, AND being ready to accept the possibility that Ella might not be home for a couple of months yet!! IF only God could send me an e-mail that gave me the definate plans, i.e. Ella will be home 2 months from on March 12 ... I think I would for sure be sad, but I would be okay!!!

Now, if you have not walked the adoption journey ... you might think I'm a bit crazy ... or maybe not, maybe you understand!!!

Soooooooooo ... back to the song ... God CAN DO ANYTHING ... and although yes my heart is truly praising and trusting Him, sometimes it also feels like my heart is coming apart and I need Him to put it back together ...

Sooooooooo ... I made the song the first song on my playlist ...

"Never underestimate my Jesus
Your tellin me that there’s no hope
I’m tellin you your wrong
Never underestimate my Jesus
When the world around you crumbles
He will be strong he will be strong

I throw up my hands
Oh the impossibilities
Frustrated and tired
Where do I go from here?
Now I’m searchin’ for
The confidence I lost so willingly
Overcoming these obstacles
Is overcoming my fears
OOoOoOoO

I think I can’t
I think I can’t
But I think you can
I think you can
Gather my insufficiencies and
Place them in your hands
Place them in your hands
Place them in your hands.

You will be strong"

Please join us in praying ... Romana more likely will be going in the afternoon on Friday which when it is noon in Ghana, it is 4AM here .... so if you think of Ella's passport early in the morning on Friday all the way through to until about 9 AM PLEASE PRAY WITH US!!!!!!!!! We SOOOOOOOOOOO believe in the POWER of prayer and in also the battle that takes place in the spiritual realm ....

And yes, regardless of the outcome ... and regardless of how my heart will feel as a result ... I DO AND WIlL PRAISE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ella WILL come in God's time, not mine!!!

(Don't forget we just brought Kody home in August and God WON THAT BATTLE OF JERICHO, ... Kody just said "mamma" indicating he wants up :) ...

Comments

Kristin said…
I love the song, I will meditate on this as well.Thanks for posting it.
Prayers all around,
K
Carmen said…
hey maria - great post. love the words. we are praying. :)
carmen
Kristin said…
No word for me today(although I think Anita is still traveling). I hope to come back in a few hours to some wonderful news for the Beacon House crew! Many prayers!
Rebecca said…
I've been praying on East Coast time for all the passports to be ready today.
Stalking your blog too..
Love,
Rebecca