AAAAAAMAZING :)


Okay ... so friends and family I have a really important announcement that I would like to make ... ... ... ... our new daughter is TOTALLY AAAAAAAAAAMMAZING, and I don't say that lightly :)

I know, I know ... ALL of your hearts skipped a beat and I know what you were thinking :) No, no... but truly OH MY HEART I truly cannot believe that we get the sacred privilege of being forever parents to this amazing girl, and I mean that with total humility!! :) She is blessing our socks off ... wait until you hear her giggle :)

One of my favorite moments from today was when Ella said, "mom, I want you to back me!!" My heart jumped a beat ... and flooded truly with joy and honor!! We had been carrying her all day, and yes I honestly was completely physically tired ... we just finished 7 suspension bridges and hiked up and were hiking down and did I mention the HEAT and humidity (I was not a pretty sight)... there was another mom and daughter there ... and Ella wanted me to "back her!" For those of you who don't know Ghanian culture, this is how mothers carry their babies and young children!! I instantly picked her up ... and I backed our new Ghanian daughter today!!

,
The suspension bridges were amazing ... and after being carried on a few of them, Ella decided she wanted to try walking by herself! Did I mention she is AMAZING!!! The courage, sweetness, playfulness, kindness, wisdom of our little girl ... WOW ... and SHE is initiating attachment with me ... with us!!! This also blows my mind and heart off!!! AND honestly the bridges were scarey, for me, yep I was quoting verses on the end of some of them :) What a wonderful, attachment building activity to do together!!! SOOOOOOO FUN, truly :)















I LOVE the coast! This is where I would live if I were to live in Ghana!! So beautiful, the sound and smell of the ocean ... love it!!! I do wish we could have spent a couple of days here but with our visa appt. and traveling up north, this is not an option!! It was WONDERFUL none the less!!! AND Ella even played in the waves crashing on the beach with me ... this was HUGE for her and showing HUGE TRUST in me!!! YEAH, AAAMAZING!!

The 2nd to last picture ... I actually don't love! There is actually nothing about it that I like!! BUT, I still wanted to share it!! It is at the slave port that we went to today ...the sights and stories from the slave dungeons can't seem to escape my mind ... and the picture is of the church that the British built ... RIGHT ABOVE the men slave dungeon! RIGHT above ...


Tomorrow we travel up North with WONDERFUL Bernard to meet Ella's grandfather and grandmother!!! WOW ...

Comments

Rebecca said…
Maria,
RJ has used "awesome" and "amazing" to describe Ella :)
I love that you "backed" her. Carrying my children is such an incredible privilege.
She is beautiful and the three of you together is miraculous!
We'll be praying for your trip up north. Please give Bernard a big hello from our family!
With Joy!!
Jen said…
I am so happy for all of you! She is such a beautiful girl. You can see her shining spirit! I also love the Coast and am so glad you were able to make it there. What a blessing by God that you are all family...

Jennine
Shonni said…
I love reading about your time with her...she really does sound like a sweet spirited girl and SO realy for a mommy and daddy. Thank you, Jesus, for bringing this family together!
Anonymous said…
really enjoying the blog, keep 'em coming, can't wait to meet her, when can we come down???
love Rebekka
Unknown said…
You had me thinking something else with that opening line there and yes, my heart skipped a beat!!! Oh yes, she is aaaaaaamazing!!! And that giggle - it isn't just a giggle, it is like a joy megaphone!

Also amazing is how your pictures and posts opened the floodgates of emotions of all that I felt, smelled and experienced. The suspension bridges! That was awesome ~ and I LOVE "that" beach. A bit disappointed there were no crocodile pictures - did you not stop and feed them?

Lifting our prayers up and if anyone else out there is still reading this post, I ask that you all continue this prayer cover not only for Maria, Sam, Ella, Bernard, Beacon House, Becky, Carrie, Amazing Romana and her family but for all the families about to bring their children home. I have this sense of urgency that we need to cover these families. In addtion I ask that nothing steal the joy that is to be celebrated with all praise and glory to Jesus.

Can't wait to hear that giggle again and I plan on hearing it for hours on end at The Fair! Remember, no excuses this year!!!

Moses' family :)
Awo said…
maria,
It blesses me so much to see the pure joy on your faces! Your little girl has the most BEAUTIFUL smile!!! I'll be praying for your trip up north.
Awo
Anonymous said…
Just wanted to say how happy and excited we are for you. And soooooooo glad you are attaching. We were able to visit our two a couple of times before we got them home. The last time Mike had to go back earlier that I did. The day Mike went back Joshua kept throwing a fit and I couldn't understand what he was saying. I finally asked a Haitian friend of ours and he said he was crying because his papa (Mike) left him. It broke my heart, but I knew it was so good that he had started to bond. Praise God that Ella is bonding with both of you. We can't wait til you are back and we get to
meet Ella. I have been showing Joshua and Janae your blog pictures. They are excited also.Hope your trip up North goes well. We are praying for a smooth
and happy and uneventful trip home. Look forward to hearing your stories next Wednesday. Blessings, Chris
Muxi said…
Dear Maria,

it is so wonderful that you share your life and let us be a part of it, Thank you soooo much for that! I had no time the last days because Tefsfaye was ill but he is better now which leaves me some time to get the computer and read your blog.

Ella, Sam and you just look soooooo happy!!!! And it is great that you can enjoy these important Ella’s last days in Ghana together with Sam, giving her the opportunity to bond with both of you. And “backing” is something also Sandra absolutely loves, I carry her around in a special backcarrier a lot, at the moment she is sleeping at my back :)).

I am praying that your trip to Bolga will be safe and that you will have a wonderful meeting with Ella’s family. I have sent pictures of Sandra to Beacon House for Bernard to take them with him (hope they arrived) and bring them to Sandra’s family. Maybe you can hav a look at them to get an update on her developpment, as I am very bad in sending e-mails – you know…

Please give him and Romana and Mama Laadi all my love, they are doing such a wonderful, important job and are in our minds and prayers! We are soooo thankful for our little jewel, who would not have survived without their help…
Thankful for being able to follow your blog and praying for your safe homecoming, Muxi
Okay...YEAH..I forgot that you were going to be able to go to the Coast..YEAH! IT will forever be etched in your heart!
Brave adventurous friends..the bridges look amazing!
I agree with Kathy, the the pictures INSTANTLY take me back to tears...all the sights smells, sounds, memories! THANK YOU for sharing!
We are awaiting to HEAR that "giggle" ...come home soon!
C