Soooooooooooo PROUD!!




Faith started kindergarten this year and is doing AMAZING!! OH MY HEART! She totally loves school - in huge part to the wonderful teacher she has! She also WORKS SO HARD!!! Oh myyyy heart, I'm so PROUD of her! She is such a HARD WORKER, which we already knew but didn't fully realize to what degree until school started!

AND Faith IS learning ... which is a HUGE ANSWER to prayer and a HUGE BLESSING to this mamma's heart!!! Just this last couple of weeks she learned two concepts which I in my times of feeling overwhelmed wondered if she would ever learn (firs/last/middle - and plurals/s ... YEAH)!

Faith receives speech services as well as some small additional class support! So in some ways she is receiving triple doses in terms of what she is learning in class - as I do a lot of work with her at home! I would have to say that at times my work with her at home has been totally out of the box type of learning - as I've learned that this is the way that she learns non-rope learning best!

I do have to say though that the work at home has throughout the last few years been a huge challenge! AND I do have so say that I have learned a lot through it, about trauma and how it impacts the brain!

The last six months have been enormous in terms of bringing her and us to the next level of attachment - her having a healthy attachment, one without anxiety, and one based on trust (mind you there are still times of anxiety and there are still attachment issues - but there is a healthy attachment)! I don't say that lightly ... and for those of you in the midst of attachment and adjustment ... Faith has been home for 3 1/2 years now! My advise ... keep walking the journey ... it is WORTH IT on the other side (those of you who have walked or are walking TOUGH adjustment & attachment issues understand what I mean by this and you understand that my last statement does not have anything to do with how wonderful I have always thought my daughter is - sincerely)!

I believe wholeheartedly that her movement forward with her attachment has a had positive correlative relationship with her learning =)

With that being said, Faith has struggled learning in pre-school and I honestly doubted what her abilities were (rope learning/memory based is easy for her, other things not) ... as she has had AND still has major gaps in her development and academic learning (I know, I know, she is ONLY in kindergarten =))!! Still ...

Since I'm at the same school as Faith (I'm the school counselor) I have the priviledge of having consistent communication with everyone involved in teaching her ... which also has been a gift ... and I'm sure a detail God made sure to take care of 4 years ago when we made the decision to TRUST HIM and adopt Faith!

Faith might always need extra help to learn ... and that is totally okay with us ... and we will keep on doing our part in helping her learn and grow! For now, we are CELEBRATING her victories and praising Jesus for them!

I am soooooooooooo proud of my daughter Faith!

This post could go on and on ... all to say ... JESUS THANK YOU for the miracles you continue to do in the life of our sweet Faith ... and also in my life!!! Everywhere I look, I see the evidence, goodness, and faithfulness of YOU!!! THANK YOU for taking care of the details of our lives beforehand! I am in AWE of you!

Comments

Carrie said…
Oh Maria,

I am so glad to hear how well she is doing! What an amazing girl you have. She has grown so much in so many ways. It is so fun to be able to see what God has planned for Faith! I know it will be amazing. And it is cool to think that He is preparing her now for what is to come...

Love,
Carrie
Patty said…
Yay Faith! You GLOW girl! :)