Investments



Nope, this is not a post about financial investment.  Part of me wishes I could speak to that and say that Sam and I have lots of investments ... but the reality for us is that most of our investment has been into our family.  As so many of you know adoptions fees are high, and so for us our investments have been into our kids.

But, that is not what I wanted to post about.

This past weekend, Sam and I made a different kind of investment.  We invested into our relationship.  Honestly, Sam is the one who usually surprises me ... but this past weekend I surprised him.  My mom came Friday night, and Saturday morning Sam and I left for a little getaway!

And we had an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING time!  I highly reccommend it, SURPRISE your spouse and take them away for an overnight.  I know, if you are like us finances are hard ... but it is sooooo worth it AND it is an investment not only into your relationship but also into your family!  And I know, it is hard to get someone to watch your kids .... but there has got to be SOMEONE who could.  Sometimes we do a date swap with some friends, which is an idea if there is no family who can love on your kids in this way!

We went to Vancouver, BC via "priceline" ... I highly suggest priceline!  Our 4 star hotel was under $92, and we were right dowtown ... and a five minute walk from Stanley Park!  I LOVE Stanley Park, in part because it is on the water ... water always restores my soul.

I honestly am soooooooo THANKFUL for my husband, he ROCKS!  He really does, in every way!  THANK YOU JESUS for blessing me 13+ years of being married to my best friend and honey!

Comments