"Well done!"



Are there people who you know, who when they stand before their Creator you KNOW that the King of the Universe will declare to them, "well done, good and faithful servant!"

I don't mean that at all in a judgemental way against others ... it is just, for me that there are some people I know who RADIATE to me the love of God.  They are people who with every ounce within them grab a hold of the life their Creator designed them to live.  They are people who you just want to spend more time with, because everytime you are with them you are humbled, inspired, and challenged by the way they live their life.

There is a man who I know who has lived such a life.  He is a man of great integrity, huge heart, and much passion.  He above all loves His Creator more than anything.  You would only have to spend a few minutes with him and you would know where his allegiance lies.  The other thing you would know is that he adores his wife and his family.

Another thing about him, is he spent many years serving his country in the US air force.  He is a man of discipline, commitment and loyality. 

He is a man who the first time I met him I immediately knew I adored and knew I always would.  He is someone who makes me want to be a better me.

He is Sam's grandfather, Sam's mom's dad.  I am sure that anyone who was at our wedding would remember him.  He is just that kind of man, he always leaves an impression.

He is also someone who every time we have adopted has stood by us not only with words, but also with action ... EVERY time supporting us financially. 

I LOVE this picture of him and Bella 8+ years ago!  It is a picture I will always treasure.  If you were to see him today it would be hard to recognize him.  His age has caught up with him and the doctors have said that his days are very numbered.  Sam's aunt just sent us some recent pictures and oh they are precious because they show a love between two people that fell in love at a young age and now that they are still in their 90s they are still each other's best friend and only love.  OH MY HEART, tears! 

So once again we are grieving ... although also celebrating for him because we know he is SO ready to go and meet His Creator and King!

Jase "John" is the name of our precious son who is waiting in China ... he is being named after Sam's precious grandfather!  A man we all adore!

P.S.  Thank you everyone for your comments on the last post AND for your prayers over our family!  They are so much appreciated!

Comments

Shonni said…
I am so sorry for both of your losses!!! Praying for you all!