I have a DREAM!


I've had the honor of being at the feet of Lincoln, so to speak ... and let me tell you there is nothing like listening to Martin Luthur King's speech at the little museum that is under the Lincoln statue.

He had a DREAM ... one that I share passionately and that I know many others do!
We have come a long ways from that historic day, but I do sadly believe that as a nation we still have some work to do!

My prayer for our nation is that we will be a nation that not only is free of racism, but that also is a nation that CELEBRATES the BEAUTIFUL DIVERSITY that defines our Nation!

When I teach the kids at work (I teach in the classes) on diversity, I use these words "diversity is AWESOME!"   This is also a statement that defines my family ... 

Segregation and racism is difficult to explain to my children ... essentially if the laws that existed in the 60's and into the early 70's still existed ... I would not be allowed to be married to my husband and I would not be allowed to be the mommy to any one of my children!

THANK  YOU JESUS for Martin Luthur King!
THANK  YOU for what you did through him to change our nation!

Comments