Weekend Away!










There is nothing quite like a weekend AWAY, surrounded by God's AMAZING CREATION ... mountains ... spending miles on a bicycle ... another set of miles (not as many though) walking and exploring ... hot tubbing ... eating ... and hanging out with great great friends!!

This was our weekend away a couple of weeks ago.
We went with amazing friends who we have known WELL for about 17+ years!!!!
Honestly, the night before Sam and I were debating cancelling as we were soooooooooo exhausted and did not think we could get ourselves together and get ALL 8 of us packed to go.  We pushed through and made it and had such a BLAST!

It was EXACTLY what we needed!
The time OUTSIDE was awesome!
The time with friends was awesome!
Being able to be AWAY and not think about life was awesome!!!
And of course it didn't hurt that we went to probably my favorite places (or certainly one of my favorite place) in the universe ... Whistler!!!!!

THANK YOU JESUS for time away and for how you use that time to nourish and restore us!

This picture cracks me up!  Sam LOVES to take picture of me chatting with ma friends EVERY time we go away  =)  These two friends though AND me are going away again TOMORROW for a mini girls getaway (overnight).  We try to go annually or bi-annually!  When we first went years ago we termed it "Operation Freedom" ... as we went without our jewels and honeys (hubbies).  I am not sure what we were discussing ... I am sure it was something important as we have often debated world politics (not joking)!!!  We (Sam and I) are truly BLESSED through each one of our friendships!

Comments