What can you do with 6 kids?

Before Jase came HOME I wondered what our life would look like with the addition of his sweet little life.  I wondered if I would still be able to do some of the things that the kids and I enjoyed doing.  One of my favorite things to do with the kids (with or without Sam) is to hit one of the local parks:  Boulevard Park.  This truly is one of my favorite places to go, as the park is by the water, and the ocean and mountain view EVERY single time nourishing my soul as it screams evidence of my Father, King, and Creator.

Quite honestly before Jase came home, I doubted whether we would be able to visit our favorite places even within the next year ... as you just never know how a new little one's transition and attachment would go.

Well, Jase really is doing AMAZING and so this weekend I thought (with Sam gone) the kids and I NEEDED to hit Boulevard, as it is one of their favorite spots too.  We had had a brief picnic there about a month ago, but had not spend a full on day there.

So we went, with a picnic lunch packed, with scooters and helmets, with extra snacks, and with all the kids wearing multi-purpose shoes (shoes that can get wet and are good for walking), and of course with mamma's camera packed as well.

AND we had truly an AMAZING time ... and we were there for HOURS!!!!
I think the pictures tell the stories from our adventures, from climbing trees, scooting, searching the beach and rocks for treasures, rescuing a stranded crab, making the walk to our favorite ice cream shop, enjoing our yummy lunch, being together, exploring, and being OUTSIDE!!! 

Quite honestly I was SURPRISED that when Sam came home after being gone 4 days, that I was not as tired as I thought I would be.  THANK YOU JESUS for the BLESSINGS of fun times together!  THANK YOU JESUS for the energy and strength that you provide!  THANK YOU JESUS for protecting and blessing my long weekend as a single mom!


















What can I do with 6 kids?
MORE than I thought!!!  Pretty much everything we did before =)
(I bet I'm not the only one out there)

Comments

Joy said…
I enjoyed this fun and encouraging post - this is my husband's first week back to work after adopting three at once (ages 1-3). I had a rough day yesterday, but day 1, and so far day 3, have been good. I took them all shopping this morning to get out of the house (it's almost too hot here right now to play outside during the day), and it went well! But I do see a long summer ahead, as I get used to having three around all the time (these are our first children), and figuring out what kinds of activities are enjoyable and manageable for ALL of us :)