Is tomorrow REALLY "the" day!!!










Tomorrow is THE day!
It is the first day of school!!!

I have dreaded this day for weeks!  I am not one of those, wohoooo it is time to go back to school moms!  I am instead the "weepy" kind!  My oldest keeps making comments about "mom crying tomorrow."  But I'm hoping I've done enough crying the last several days that tomorrow I'll be dry on tears!

I cry because I will miss our jewels ... yes I really think I would be okay with having them home ALL THE TIME!!!  I also cry because the beginning of another school year signifies them being another year older, and another year closer to adulthood!  I KNOW some people might think that is ridiculous, and part of me agrees ... but STILL I can't help it!!!  And seriously if you think about it, it is TRUE!!! 

I believe that life is SHORT and the closer I get to 40 the more aware I am of not taking anything for granted!!!  CARPE DIEM ... live every moment to the fullest ... I sooooo want to do that!  I want to live life without regrets (at least major ones, I know I'll have small ones ... you know, the ones where I blow it as a mom, wife, friend, ...)!!!

The kids are also switching schools this year!!  We LOVE our old school and the kids might be back there ... but we thought for this year being that I'm taking the WHOLE year as a maternity leave that it would be better for everywhone if it was truly a BREAK for mom ... on many different levels!  And so today we went and met the kid's teachers ... weird to be meeting them for the first time as I've always KNOWN my kid's teachers really well!  Sam came with me, and both of us commented on how MANY families we knew at the new school ... it kind of felt like we were at church!  So regardless of how long the kids are at their new school, we know that knowing so many kids will help them with feeling comfortable ...  It is a big step of FAITH for me to be letting this "control" go as well, as I'm the school counselor at my kid's old school and there are MANY privileges that come with that (having the kids in the same school that I work in)!!

The kids have mixed emotions about starting school ... so I totally HAVE to be strong tomorrrow, so they CAN be strong!!! 

THANK YOU JESUS that even when I can't be there for my kids, you ARE THERE!!!!

P.S.  My picture choices are "some" of my favorite moments from the summer ... we LOVE DOING things with our jewels, so all of the pictures are from one adventure or another ... and all of the pictures are of the kids doing things the LOVE as well!!!!  I could tell story after story about each picture ... but I won't =) 

Comments

Unknown said…
I can totally relate. The older my kids get the more I want to hang on to the precious moments. My oldest is entering grade 12 and it just seems like we could be experiencing a lot of lasts and I am not sure how to handle it all. All the best with your new little one.