Sink or Swim?


My AMAZING mother in law left yesturday, and as she did I had to choke back the tears!  OH MY HEART I don't know what I would have done without her here this past week!  I don't think she realizes how much we adore her, how much we like having her around, and what a HUGE GIFT her help was this week!

So I fought the tears, feeling SO COMPLETELY THANKFUL for her!  Jane is an amazing grandmother, who so loves on her grandchildren.  She gets on the floor with them and plays, she reads stories with them, she takes them on picnics, she takes them for bike rides, she makes them chocolate chip cookies, she plays her mini-guitar to them singing songs ... I am not kidding ... I guess I can see who Sam takes after!  She is an amazingly AWESOME grandmother!  And she is an amazing mom and mother in law ... she does whatever we need and even more so!  The other day she was mopping our floor, this was after getting our jewels fed and off to school, and after playing with Jase and Kody ... and after and after ... you get the idea!  When she went to the grocery store she even picked up tomatoes because she knows I LOVE tomatoes on my sandwiches ... yep, she is super thoughtful, kind, generous, sweet, and giving!!  It does sound a lot like her son, hmmm ...  I can't say enough and I really could go on and on!  I doubt she'll ever read this ... but if she does, Jane we adore you, love you, and are SO THANKFUL for you!  You are a GIFT to each one of us and God uses you time and time again to minister to us by not only meeting our needs but by blessing us beyond beyond measure WHILE meeting our needs!  Thank you for loving on us so self-sacrificially! 

Sigh ...

So like I was saying, I fought back the tears feeling completely thankful (period).

But if truth be told I also fought back the tears of worry, wondering how I/we were going to make it without her!  I could spend all day taking care of just Lillyana, never mind the other 6 jewels!

Somehow ... we made it to church this morning and somehow AGAIN the songs and the sermon were exactly what I needed!  God reminded me that He IS all that I need!  And the words of this old song spoke right to my heart!

Hungry I come to You
For I know You satisfy
I am empty but I know
Your love does not run dry
So I wait for You
So I wait for You
I'm falling on my knees
Offering all my needs
Jesus You're all
This heart is living for!!

Soooooooooooo ... this upcoming week, do I think I will sink or swim ... I think I will do a bit of both!  That just happens to be my reality, with the most amazingly perfect newborn daughter ever, and six other sweet and energetic jewels!  Depending on the moment you catch me in my day I could share  how I think and feel that I am the most blessed mamma on the universe!  I am soo in LOVE with my new daughter (no over exaggeration) and am so thankful that I once again trusted my Creator in letting go and trying for jewel number 7 (which could be another post and maybe will be one day)!  And if you catch me later on, I will tell you the same thing, except this time you'll get lots of tears along with me telling you that I am completely exhuasted and ready for a 12 hour nap!  =)

PRAISES to a Creator that meets our needs, even if it is to give us temporary strength so we can get ourselves off the floor to do the "next" thing (i.e. feed jewels breakfast) and then to fall right back on the floor!  PRAISES to our Creator who is always with us, even during the sink or swim times of life!  PRAISES to our Creator who blesses us beyond measure during the sink or swim times of life, with precious gifts like a sweet mother in law ... or sweet life group friends who are bringing us meals for the next two weeks (SIGH, yes, how awesome is that)!!!

THANK  YOU JESUS!!

Comments

the smiths said…
Ben and I were just talking about your family this weekend. We are absolutely in awe of you guys and how you have chosen to live life. You guys are incredibly special and we continue to pray that God sustains and blesses you each moment of the days ahead.
Xo
Michelle said…
Love your new daughters name ....i share that overwhelming feeling! Getting all my kids to church is a huge accomplishment even with the bus! But the craziness works! Haha