Beautiful Things!!



One of my best friends is named Melissa, and let me tell you she ROCKS!!  She has loved me through the good, bad, and ugly (as have my other best friends)!  We met a few years back at work, when she moved to the same school as I (she works part-time as a teacher).  We became friends quickly and have been ever since, us living life together now.
(Melissa is on the far left ... Amanda &Abbey are also my best friends & ROCK too!!)
Melissa and her SWEET family are paperchasing for their 2nd sweet boy from Ethiopia.  Melissa and her husband already have 4 children (3 bio and 1 from Ethiopia), and very recently got a referral for the most precious baby boy from Ethiopia!

Like most of us, Melissa & Blake, stepped out in FAITH how they would come up with the finances needed for their second adoption.  Well Melissa, unlike me, is very CREATIVE and good at making things.  So she came up with this awesome idea to make BEAUTIFUL THINGS to help pay for their adoption.  And let me tell you, they are BEAUTIFUL!!! 

I just went and did my Christmas shopping, buying her beautiful headbands, flowers clips of all different sizes and colors, scarves ... and I had to restrain myself as there were just so many pretty things I could buy.  I LOVED the fact too that I was not only buying things that I am so EXCITED to give BUT that I was ALSO  buying gifts with a purpose!!! 

Here is a "LITTLE" example of the variety of her beautiful hand made creations!!

Christmas just feels like it gets more and more excessive ... and although I LOVE to give good gifts, I hate how seemingly out of control the whole gift giving can get.  So this year when I bought Christmas gifts, I was helping my friend adopt their son!  Really, how GREAT is that!!!

Melissa created a BLOG and you can go check it out for beautiful things  at http://simplemissadoption.blogspot.com// ...
for yourself ...
for your friends ...
for your daughters ...
for your mothers and mother in laws ...
for your sisters ...
for your aunts ...
for your neices ...
for your children's teachers ...

and on and on ...
I posted a picture on top of my 3 daughters from the summer wearing the headbands!!




Comments