Day of Climbing!


We had SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN today!
We took the kids to a rock/wall climbing place, that was put on by Children's for kids with limb deficiencies.  We've gotten many invites to different activities throughout the years but it is a long drive, and our life always seems to be so full but for some reason (probably the rock climbing) we decided to go today.  We are so glad we did, everyone had a BLAST.

Five out of the seven kids climbed, almost non stop (Lillyana napped and Jase played).  Dad and mom even took a go at it, although I have to say that I used to be able to get much further in my younger years =)  Rock climbing is such a fun thing which I really wish we would do more often.

Matteus and Faith were both SUPER STARS.  I think they conquered every climb (there were at least 8) and they made it all the way to the top (which quite honestly maybe one, if any, of all of the other kids who were there did as well).  And being that I also climbed, it was kind of hard and they truly did amazing.  All of the kids did!!!  Matteus especially could have kept up day; he was in his glory!

The other neat part, especially for Ella, was meeting other kids with missing limbs (hands).  This was really why we made the journey (the drive), so that Ella and Faith could SEE other kids that looked just like them (with their hands and feet).  It was an awesome and empowering day.

I truly am so thankful for Children's Hospital.
I really don't know what we would do without it.
What a GIFT this amazing hospital is, on so many levels.









Comments