38







38
Yep, that is how old I am now.
I had a Birthday this past weekend and it might have been my FAVORITE birthday ever.  I feel like I celebrated my Birthday all weekend long and it was sooooooooooooooooo FUN!!

It started Friday night when my sister and I went out for dinner.  Okay, so she took me out and totally spoiled me.  We went for sushi (my favorite) and then walked Boulevard (my favorite).  There was super cool lightening that night and over Boulevard was especially beautiful.  I love my sister and it was such a gift to have a girls night with her.
On Saturday the kids, Sam and I ventured out on an adventure.  There was a local hike that I read about a year ago when I was pregnant that I had been soooooooo wanting to do.  The draw for me was that it had a beautiful view at the end of it (my favorite), which also meant that that it had a lot of going up (my favorite).  We started out on it with really very little expectations.  Sam had Jase on his back and I had Lillyana, and we had 10 little feet walking.  Well, the kids did AMAZING.  We've been on hikes before with them, but never one so long or so tough.  To our surprise and delight, we made it to the top ... all with happy hearts.  The kids hiked a total of about 7 miles ... they have become my new little superheroes.  I was especially impressed with Kody, because he is only 4 and he did soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great!!  I was also served breakfast in bed in the morning by Sam and the kids ... and after our hike that took all afternoon we went to Boulevard (yes again) and had a picnic for dinner.  It was a perfect day, one that I thought was done ... only to come home to a mountain birthday cake made by Sam and the kids.  How super sweet and thoughtful!!!  I loved celebrating my birthday with Sam and the kids!
I never in a million years thought I would have 7 children, and then when I had 7 children I thought our hiking days were over (at least for a long time), so then to be out with all 7 HIKING on a not short and not easy trail (me carrying one on my back and Sam one on his back), was super awesome and surreal to me.  I LOVED it!

My weekend continued on Sunday with me spending the day with two of my best friends who I so adore.  We went hiking (yes again) on I think my FAVORITE hike ever, the Chief in Squamish BC.  I love the hike because it is mostly up and the view on top is like none other.  Neither one of them had ever been up there (even to the area), so to take them to one of my favorite spots on the planet was super cool.  I think the area (45 minutes from Whistler) is possibly the most beautiful area in the country.  We had such a great time hiking ... followed by a super yummy dinner in Deep Cove (another one of my favorite spots ... you can see I have many).  It is another incredibly beautiful spot.  I felt so spoiled and blessed by them, and by our time together.  JOY!!!!



Sooo you SEE I had a perfect Birthday weekend.  I spent it with a lot of my favorite people, mostly outside in God's BEAUTIFUL CREATION which I love love love.  I felt completely spoiled and so incredibly blessed at the same time!!!

Ohhhhh, and I got this from one of my friends (the one on the left) ...
I had seen this a month or so ago, by Funky Fish and had so wanted it.  It has my life verse on it as well as China.  When we adopted our Faith 6 years ago from China, God completely turnedd my life upside down and I (with much resistance) gave up my plans for my life and surrender them to Him ... this new necklace has sooooooooooooooooo much meaning ... what a true GIFT to be given it!  I do have to say that though if I were completely honest EACH time God has called us to add a jewel past 7 I've had to again surrender my plans and trade them in for God's plans!!!!

Comments