Happiest Place on Earth!

I think it is no secret, that I looooooooooooove Whistler - especially in the summer time.  I love the mountains that so gloriously scream to the evidence of my Creator.  I love the lakes that sparkle to me my Father's love.  I love all of the trails, biking and hiking, waiting for us to explore.

With each new child being added to our family, I every time assume that we will have to give up some of the things our family enjoys to do.  Usually at the top of the list are longer hikes, longer bike rides, camping ... you know, the activities that can take a lot of work.

To my wonderful surprise, we STILL can do all of those things ... even with 7 precious jewels.  And I would have to say that the kids knocked my socks off this summer with their adventurous spirits, and perseverance with all of the outdoor activities we've done.  Kody especially, being that he's only 4, yet kept up with his sisters and brother on all kinds of trails no problem.

I praise my Father for every single one of His details, including giving us children who enjoy the outdoors as much as Sam and I do.

Last weekend we went to Whistler as a family for our annual summer whistler trip.  We pay to stay at our friend's cabin (as always) which is truly such a GIFT.  Having a place that is so familiar and that we ALL fit into without any problems (and without any restrictions) truly is AWESOME!  We consider ourselves blessed.

The top picture is taken up on top of Whistler mountain, literally at the PEAK.  This was the first summer in many years that we made it up.  Part of it was that the snow was melted enough (although there still was snow on top), that we had no one in major transition and attachment phase ...

It was awesome and such a major highlight of the summer for me.  We literally spent ALL day up in the mountain, hiking and exploring.  I think we passed not even a handful of other kids on the trail, some adults questioning whether we knew what we were getting ourselves into.  Sam and I are very familiar with the hike so we were not worried ... and really hiked without expectations as to how far we would make it.  The kids exceeded our expectations.  Their little feet and bodies were tired at the end.

I will hang onto even these small kind of moments as I enter into a very busy season of my life ...


Comments

Shonni said…
I love taking our family up to the mountains. We still camp out in a tent and I just love us being together exploring and playing. WONDERFUL times.
Your pictures are precious too!