Curious George Jewel!




Today the most amazing little boy turns seven! I still remember that moment five years ago when I first got to hold my baby boy! He was so tired from the long drive that he had been on, from his orphanage.  He was actually exhausted, and scared, and cried and cried and cried as his new mama  held him in her arms for the first time, fighting back her own tears.  Jase, after about an hour or so, fell asleep in my arms, and slept all the way back to the hotel. His little body merged into mine, and unknown to him, in those first moments my heart merged with his. The gift of instant attachment, is something that really is hard to put into words, the meaning of it and the value of it.   It is a gift!

In that moment of meeting my new son, I truly fell in love with him, and claimed him as my own.  The next two weeks in China with my new son, all by myself, truly were awesome and a gift.  There certainly were difficult days, as being in a foreign country as a single mom with a new son who did not know you, or understand you, Who is grieving, who has a enormous trauma, has obvious inherent difficulties.  Yet even then, I knew that my God was protecting the precious time with my son.  Our time together truly was sacred!!

Although in hindsight, Satan was working hard to destroy, as I spotted the entire second week in China.  I was pregnant with Lillyana, yet God somehow protected my heart and my time with Jase.

To this day, the city that Jase was 
born in, is my favorite city in 
china.  It was such a beautiful city, and there was this Enormous beautiful park full of cherry blossoms that Jase and I would visit 2 to 3 times every single day.  

My little boy grieved at first for about the entire first week, and ate very 
little, yet at the same time, slowly his little personality was starting to shine 
through.  He was kind, gentle, smart, playful, affectionate, and so very very very very curious. 

I was smitten by him, and once I brought him home, his new daddy and siblings all felt the same way. Adoption has many challenges, but there is such beauty in it as well.

God also knew that we all would need to instantly feel connected with our new son and brother, as Jase is just like curious George in the fullest extent.   Perhaps even more than curious George, if that is possible.  The amount of adventures that Jase has gotten into, which really means the amount of things that he has broken, climbed on, destroyed, could fill a whole book. He really has done more things, that have shocked us, surprised us, then all of our eight other jewels.

In the midst of all of this, and perhaps even despite all of this, I truly and genuinely consider it one of my greatest joys to be the mama to this Jewel. He truly is awesome you guys. Yes he is very curious, very impulsive, but he's also so incredibly thoughtful, kind, smart, sweet, tender, creative, loving, and 
affectionate.

He is a joy and a sacred gift from my Father!!!  I love you Jase to the moon and back!!  I'm so proud to be your forever mamma!!  

We have a tradition where we take our jewels out for breakfast, just daddy, mommy, and the birthday jewel.  These pictures are from today!!



Comments