Prayers needed!


Once again I am coming to all of you, humbly asking for your prayers!


It seems that within the next couple of weeks, the cost of flights to Ghana are going to more than triple - the prices that I am seeing are $6000!


In order for us to fly BEFORE this happens ... we still need our I-600 approval (the DHS director who signs the approvals is out of town until Wednesday) ... and we need Kody's passport which at this point the Immigration persons have been MAJORLY delaying giving them to Romana (long story)!!!


PLEASE pray for a MIRACLE with both of these documents - I-600 and passport - that they would come THIS WEEK!!!!


As most of you international adoptive parents know, we typically underplan a bit for adoption and traveling expenses as in the end costs usually add to more than what you budget for! This is where we are already at ... so you can imagine the anxiety about the possibility of buying a flight for $6000!


SO today has been another day where God has been saying, "Maria, do you trust my goodness?" It has been another day where the evidence of my self-centered has come to the forfront, it is not pretty! I SO just think EVERYTHNG should go my way ... totally ridiculous and so totally me leaning on me instead of God!


So YES I do trust God's goodness and SO REGARDLESS of what this week brings!!!!! I serve an AMAZING and LOVING God who wants the BEST for us, and what I think is the best is not always the best! And REGARDLESS of "when" Kody comes home, and REGARDLESS of how much more money we will have to pay that quite honestly we don't have ... the enemy WILL NOT steal my joy!!


THANK YOU Jesus for Kody! THANK YOU for the MIRACLE of his life! THANK YOU for that we get to be his mommy and daddy! Ohhh, how precious he is!


THANK YOU Jesus for AMAZING Romana and everything she is doing for us!!


THANK YOU Jesus for Heidi and George and the girls - and how they are right now LOVING Kody to pieces! What a precious gift each one of them is!!
P.S. This picture was taken since we left Ghana! Amazing Heidi sent it to us (with a few others)! YAHOOO, THANK YOU!

Comments

A. Gillispie said…
Maria! I am SHOCKED by those prices!!! Are you just checking with the airlines or with specific travel agents? Check out Cirpac Travel Systems, Travel Fore Seasons, and Golden Rule Travel just to make sure they don't have better prices. Yikes!

Praying!!! Our (AAI) passports are taking longer right now as well.

Anita
Rebecca said…
Maria,
Those are shocking prices. I know you are coming across the country from where we are but I was looking at a few specials last night from the East Coast on airlineconsolidators.com for hypothetical travel for a possible referral and they looked significantly less than what you are seeing. I know you have additional legs of travel though.
You may have already looked at this but if you haven't this is the link to NWA adoption fare info.

http://www.nwa.com/features/adopt.shtml

Praying!

With Joy!
Rebecca