Adoption Update!

"Those that WAIT UPON the Lord, will renew their strength ... "
********************
I am RIGHT NOW waiting upon the Lord as quite honestly my heart feels SO sad it feels like it could break! Yes I know there are many more things to be sad about, today the realization that we very well could be waiting MONTHS for Kody to come home has become REAL in my heart!
********************
So our adoption update is that there is no update on Kody's passport! The reality is that the Immigration Office has said for weeks that Kody's passport was done and that they just needed to meet with AMAZING Romana, to find out last Friday that in reality it was not done and to find out that for some reason all the other children's passport would need verification of their documents but not Kody's ... and that they would be working on Kody's passport! Well after a week of no update my heart and mind is starting to put the pieces together ... with the realization that at this point we really can not have ANY expectations that Kody's passport will be done soon! The last few weeks clearly speak to that, and to that at this point the information being given by the Immigration office is not reliable!
***********************
So it feels like we have hit a MAJOR OBSTACLE!
SO my heart is SAD!
***********************
But please don't be confused about my sadness!
I am feeling VERY SAD yet I am also simultaneously FULLY trusting God's timing and God's goodness!
***************************
What I do know FOR SURE is that God's time is the BEST, even if it does not match my own expectations and time frame, sometimes especially if it does not match my own time frame!
***************************
What I also know FOR SURE is that no obstacle is too big for God but that unlike us, God sees the WHOLE PICTURE (and has every detail in the palm of His hands) and that things are going on that I might never know or understand until the other side of eternity !!
****************************
What I also know FOR SURE is that Kody right now has an amazing mommy and daddy and 3 wonderful sisters!! And although my heart aches to have him home with me in my arms, I know that he is completely loved and completely being taken care of!
**********************
So yes although my heart is for today completely sad ... I am also feeling COMPLETELY thankful and COMPLETELY BLESSED!
************************
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
Isaiah 40

Comments

A. Gillispie said…
Lifting you up in prayer sweet Maria!!! Some of the families in the group of families we adopted with waited around 6 months for passports and it is a horrible helpless feeling! There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how this office works. But we know how our Lord works! HE has it in His control. He has power beyond any stubborn immigration officer, and He WILL bring your Kody home! Praying for you.
Anita
lori said…
i am sorry for the news of no news. I am praying along with you that God steps in and does something marvelous. Your posts encourage me as we just got our homestudy finished and are waiting on the I-600 A approval... that God is on total control and that HE IS SOVEREIGN....
Elizabeth said…
Praying for that extra little bit of peace you need in your heart right now...and praying for that extra sense of urgency in "their" hearts as well.
Love and hugs~ Elizabeth
The Princess said…
Your trust in God is an inspiration and example for all of us to follow. Thanks for sharing your heart, dear friend.