Counting my blessings!

Okay so the last 2 weeks have been COMPLETELY jammed pack with sooooooooo many fun and exciting events ... that I can CLEARLY see why it is good that I have been here instead of being in Ghana! Although my heart has daily been aching for Kody ...
I have been in the mean while trying to CARPE DIEM ... and have tried to enjoy all of the things which have been going on!!
Here are some of the MAJOR highlights from the last 2 weeks (as there have been MANY) that I would have missed would I have been in Ghana! They are in no particular order ...
Highlight #1 Bella had her 2nd Ballet recital and did FABELOUSLY! What a BEAUTIFUL Ballerina she is!
Highlight #2 - Faith is an amazing bike rider, riding without her training wheels, all over town! Had I been in Ghana, I would have missed this amazing feat she has accomplished!

Highlight #3 - The MANY bike rides I have taken with Matteus riding with me on the seat we have attached on our bike! Some of the rides have been as a family, some with the girls, and some just Matteus and I! I even got to have a hot chocolate bike ride date with Matteus, how FUN! And today the bike ride involved riding through about 8 SPRINKLERS at our local golf course! Oh the JOY and SQUEAL on all of their faces, PRICELESS!




Highlight #4 - Spending the day at one of our favorite parks by the water this week with my 3 precious jewels, bike riding, having a picnic, turning rocks over looking for crabs ... and just ENJOYING!

Highlight #5 - AMAZING Romana from Ghana came for a visit, and I got to spend almost a day and a half with her, as well as having girl time with her and 2 of my wonderful friends! What a blessing it was and what a joy it was to see her see some of her former Beacon House kids! What a gift!
Highlight #6 - Having a date night with the love of my life, best friend, and husband this past week! It was a perfect night!
Highlight #7 - Being there for Bella's last day of kindergarten, and being the proud mamma when she rode on the back of her dad's (pappa's) motorcycle leaving school for the official last day of school wave!!
Highlight #8 - Being able to spend time with my beautiful sister Esther and her husband Jeremy who came into town from out of State for a visit two weekends ago!
Highlight #9 - Being able to finish up the year at my job and help hire my leave replacement, and also helping finish up other His Kids ministry stuff!!
Highlight #10 - Being here for the fishing derby ... as Bella so proudly caught a fish and then helped daddy prepare it for lunch! Faithie on the other hand cried at the sight of the fish as she was scared, and Matteus cried at the thought of eating the fish - he thought that was quite unkind!
Highlight #11 - As painful as the month home from Ghana as been, God has continued to refine me on many different levels ... and working in both Sam and me in ways we have not expected ... all for the GOOD ...
Okay, I could go on and on ....
Lets just say that up until this week, I don't think a day went by where we didn't have 1-2 events going on every day ... I really could go on and on ...
Next week, we don't have AS much going on ...
Next week would be a good week :)













Comments

Highlight #12...being friends with you!
The Blaske's love that you "count" your blessings in the midst of trials...we count with you! Thankyou for being real and lovin' life along side us. We are the blessed ones! This past weekend and week have been life changing in deep ways!
Rebecca said…
Maria-This is beautiful! What a gift to others in the waiting process! Thanks for sharing your heart and the photos!
With JOY!
Rebecca
Unknown said…
And thank you for blessing others as well through your words, encouragement and your life. You blessed me this last week as well by allowing me into your home to see "in person" your beautiful family. I am so thankful for you, Carrie and amazing Romana! :)
Kathy
The Princess said…
I LOVE how you make lemonade out of the lemons life gives you. You are an inspiration to me...always looking for that silver lining and yet being real that your heart hurts in the meantime.
Maria, you are awesome! (and your husband isn't too bad either:)
The Princess said…
Oh, and I forgot to comment on how CUTE all your kids are (all FOUR of them!) Cute, cute, cute!