Carrots Please!


My posts lately feel like they have all been pretty intense so I thought I would ligthen the mood a bit ...


There kind of seems to be this general consensus out there that kids don't like vegetables ... well this is just a sweet story that proves the opposite :)


I am taking all of the kids on "dates" before I leave for Ghana on Tuesday!

So last night was Bella's turn and part of our evening involved going out to for dinner! It was absolutely her choice and I was anticipating another sushi night (all of our kids love sushi and Bella usually picks sushi) but to my surprise she picked Red Robin! She could not remember what kind of food was at Red Robin (we honestly don't get out much) but did remember that there was a red dressed up bird involved :)


To me, Red Robin is fameous for their hamburgers/chicken burgers and french fries ... they are delice (not sure on spelling)!! So Bella picks her meal from the kid's menu and I tell her about all of her choices for sides, "french fries" (I mention the fries a couple of times) but she very persistently and confidently chooses the carrots! After a few times, "are you sure?" ... she was very sure!


In hindsight Bella's choice really should not surprise me! She actually LOVES pretty much all vegetables, raw or cooked! And she is not the only one, Matteus does too! They truly get excited when I buy cucumber, brocoli ... you name it!! Now Faith on the other hand did not have a vegetable until 3 months before her 3rd birthday when she joined our family - and she truly disliked vegetables for the whole first year! Now although she does not LOVE them like the other two, she certainly likes them!!


Bella also very much wanted to sit right beside me versus across from me on our date ... we both sat on one side ... it was a fun night with my amazing oldest daughter who will in about one month time be going to school FULL TIME! She will be in first grade!!!!!!! Some moms look forward to when their kid's start school full time, I honestly have been grieving it all year!
Oh WOW do I REALLY love being my daughter Bella's mom!!! She is an AMAZING little girl, and I am so honored that God gave me the sacred gift and priviledge of being her mom! THANK YOU Jesus for my daughter Bella!

Comments