A Time of Self-Evaluation ...


"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared
for those who love him!"
1 Corinthians 2:9

**************************************


No matter what lies ahead for the next month for our family, we ARE TRUSTING God's GOODNESS! And we ARE singing GOD's PRAISES!!!!!!



I believe that WE SERVE an AMAZING God, the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE, who loves
EACH ONE OF US (including Kody) COMPLETELY and PASSIONATELY and only has our GOOD at heart! We have such an earthy view of this and God has an ETERNAL view, His view and plans WE TRUST!



In planning to leave my family for ONE MONTH, I have been FORCED to re-eveluate as to where exactly my focus is and who I am serving! If I truly am serving God with my whole life and if I truly have Him on the throne of my life, then I WILL DO WHATEVER HE ASKS!!! IF I truly am leaning on Jesus and letting Him be the focus of my life - then He will be ENOUGH ... He meets my needs, He sustains me, and He gives and IS my JOY ... IF I let Him!!!



Our North American culture is one that I believe holds to the opposite of this! Although we (and I am talking about myself here) think we are making our life ALL ABOUT GOD, the reality is that most of us are not! We are making life about OURSELVES and our FAMILIES and what is most easiest, confortable, and convenient for us! This I believe is the THREAD of our North American culture! I am constantly re-learning that I need to daily work against this!



And NOW that in 2 days I am leaving for one month ... I need to SURRENDER this! My purpose in life is yes to be a MOM, and a wife - but it is ULTIMATELY to be a daughter of the most High and to live the life that I believe He is calling me to ... regardless of the seemingly costs as assessed by our North American culture and by me!!!
(Sorry if it sounds like I'm behind a pulpit ... that is not my intention, as it is merely my OWN reflection and self-evaluation of MY OWN life!)

Comments