Kody & Mommy are Home!


Kody and mommy are home and are feeling SOOOOOOOOOOO BLESSED and THANKFUL!!! Mommy got to come home EARLY and Kody came home with her! Mommy is still catching up with the whirlwind of this past week ... what a GOOD God we serve! One who has our BEST at heart and loves us completely!!!!!!


We had great flights, long flights, but great flights!

Kody did great, making friends with a lot of the other passengers!


For those of you who have traveled to Ghana before, you know all of the "check points" for when you check in! These check in points had me a bit worried! I was not sure how I was going to manage, Kody, 3 pieces of luggage, and 2 HEAVY carry ons!!!


For those of you who have not been to Ghana, when you first get to the aiport you first need to go all the way to the right where you lift your luggage up on a counter and someone marks it with chalk (still not sure the purpose of this), then you have to go back to around where you entered and have your luggage weighed, then you enter a line where you wait for them to check your passport and also for them to mark the amount of luggage you have on your passport using a sticker, you then go to another usually LONG line where you wait to check in for your flight, and then after you have checked in you go to either the right or left of the check in counter where they go through every single piece of luggage (you again having to lift it up on a table)!!!


Well, God took care of that for me!

When I arrived at the airport one of the airport staff (a young guy) helped me through each one of the check points! He even got me right up front for the passport check and for the check in point with the airline (I later found out he had told them the baby was sick) :) So when we were all done and I asked him if I were supposed to tip him - and he said if I wanted to - I GLADLY tipped him :) He seemed happy with the the amount :) What a HUGE blessing this way!


Another concern I had was getting through immigration! I wanted to get through as soon as possible ...


Well, immigration truly was a breeze ... the officer was very nice!! Well, I would have to say that everyone at the aiport was DELIGHTFUL! Seriously ... :) Everyone at the Ghana airport was so nice to both Kody and I! And they were supportive of Kody being adopted! One of the staff told Kody that when he was bigger had to come back and play football (soccer) for Ghana!


YEAH ... THANK YOU Jesus!


I even had a Ghanaian man carry my carrry on for me from the airport to the airplane (you have to down a long flight of stairs and then walk out to the airplane) ... he carried it all the way to my seat!!! And the 2 older Ghanaian men sitting beside me on the flight quite honestly were nicer and more thoughtful and helpful than the stewardists!!!


I felt taken care off during the day or so of traveling ... on the flight from JFK to SEA, Kody and I had 3 seats ALL to ourselves! Kody slept most of this flight ... on 2 of the seats :) Joy and a break for mommy ... :) (I slept a little ... right beside him ... picture that in your mind :))


Here is a picture of Kody taking his first nap in HIS BED AT HOME!!! I would have to say his first sleep was in mommy's bed! He wanted nothing to do with the cold bed in the other room :) And in the first you can see he is already exploring ... he is quite the good scooter, he can get around on the floor pretty fast ... :)


THANK YOU Amanda and Phil for picking us up sooooooo late last night!

THANK YOU Carrie (and kids) for the BEAUTIFUL welcome home sign!

THANK YOU Kristie for arranging meals for us this week!!!


What WONDERFUL friends we have! THANK YOU SOOO much to everyone for your support during the Jericho story of Kody!!!!!!!! YIPEEEEE!!!


Kody and I are waiting for Bella, Faithie, Matteus and daddy to come home .... ohhhhhh I can't wait to hug ALL FOUR OF MY JEWELS ... and I can't for the kids to meet Kody!!!!!!




Comments

The Princess said…
The Quine Family will ALL be together tonight!!! I CANNOT wait to hear about the first moments of your family being together and the kids meeting their new brother!!! We are THRILLED for you all.
Kristin said…
Praise the Lord!!! I am thrilled beyond words for you, Maria. God is so good!!!!

Kristin
Oh WoW! Seeing Kody on your tile floor and in his bed is incredible! I am so thankful God has connected our families and our hearts! I am blessed by all of you. I remember seeing Kody in the Super Market in Feb in Ghana with Carrie and thinking WoW God has rescued this baby and now I get the honor to see him grow up in our community! I am reminded of the Joy I had arriving in Ghana and seeing Victoria and John for the first time and also seeing them at the airport arriving in America...Tonite will be a joyous and incredible time for all of your family! You guys bless me beyond measure.
Blessings,
Mr. B
Unknown said…
Welcome home Kody!! You are an awesome creation of God's and we are so excited to get to meet you!!!! Maria, you family is together, Praise God!!! :) I've been thinking how God laid this all out and I am overwhelmed and so encouraged as I know God IS in control and He loves us so!!

Kathy
Anonymous said…
Deer Maria,

so wonderfu to hear that you are home!! And thankyou for the details of the ghanain airport, now i know what we will have to expect:-)).

We went to Bolgatanga yesterday and met Sandra's whole family, it was a very moving and emotional day and it was just wonderful to see how much they all love her and were so happy that she is well and ALIVE!

Now we wait for the certified copy, we hope that we will get it at latest till friday. IF the passport arrives tomorrow, we could fly home even earlier.....

My e-mail is: muxie@gmx.at

Looking forwaird to read about the kids and Kofis reaction to each other, I'm sure they will be VERY happy!!

All the best from Ghana, Muxi
Erin said…
Yay! I can't wait to see a picture of your whole beautiful family together! Hopefully sometime I can meet Kody and you can meet Corbin! I am so excited for you all!
K said…
Wow! The Lord really worked on His people to roll out the red carpet for you! ;)
And you DO have wonderful friends! What a blessing to have them in your life!
I am so happy for you and Sam and your sweet Kody!

Love,
K :)