What a MIRACELOUS GIFT!


Daily I think about Heidi, George, Yvonne, Ellen, and Marina ...

I think about how they gave our son life ...

I think about how they nurtured, cared for, loved, loved on, healed, and brought our son back to life! Daily this GIFT of their miracleous love overwhelms me!

My heart cannot even bear to think what would have happened where it not for Romana and Bernard ... and for Heidi, George and their girls!


Sooooooo often when I post pictures of Kody I do it for them!

I want them to always know that Kody is being loved and cherished, like they loved and cherished him! I want them to know what a wonderful and happy baby boy he is, because of them!


So I share these pictures with all of you - but like I said my heart is saying thank you to this amazing family that was our son's whole life ... they were his family ... and always will be a part of who he is ... they will always be family!


I also daily think about the journey that Kody took to come to our family!


I think about him on the back of cart and donkey, all wrapped up, his malnourished and sick body laying there ... him barely holding on to life! It was the only way he could leave his native village, it was the only mode of transportation ... it was the cart going to the weekly market (I believe)!


I think about him making it to the nurses' station, the orphanage up North, and then down South to Accra with Bernard (a 13 hour ride or so)!


I think about him there in the care of Romana and her wonderful orphanage called Beacon House ... and how Heidi (a friend of Romana's through church) felt God's CALL to be his foster mommy! I think about him at Heidi and George's house, and the MIRACLE that followed through the months that he spent with him!


And then the last part of his journey, a 12 hour (or so flight) to NY, and then a 6 hour flight out West ...


WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW, again!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU JESUS for the MIRACLE of our son!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These pictures were just tooooooooooo precious not to share!
To me they RADIATE God's goodness!
To me they RADIATE God's faithfulness!
To me they RADIATE God's MIRACLE!!!!!!


Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a JOY and BLESSING Kody he is!

He truly is SO WONDERFUL and such an adorable, precious and sweet GIFT!




My heart cannot even bear to think what would have happened were it not for wonderful Romana and wonderful Bernard ... and wonderful Heidi, George, and the girls!





THANK YOU Romana, Bernard, Heidi, George, Yvonne, Marina, Ellen and everyone else involved with the miraclous story of our son!


Comments

Ericka said…
Maria,
Thank YOU for this story. As our adoption stories are unfolding, it affirms our journey. And we need affirming!
Kody is an absolutele doll baby. How's Faith after her surgery?
K said…
I thank the Lord for them along with you, Maria! From everything I have heard, they are WONDERFUL!

This miracle of adoption NEVER gets old or routine. Each family united is an absolute MIRACLE! Kody's story is just so amazing to think about......

And I agree with Ericka, your baby boy is a 'doll baby'! So adorable!
Anonymous said…
Hey Guys! I just spent some time looking at your blog entries of the last three months...such a blessing to see what God is doing in your lives! Wow...super exciting. Glad to hear you are better...and Kody is such a cutie!! The kids are looking so much bigger...wow! Faith doing okay? The Wachsmuths