Whistler ...




Last week was FABELOUS!
We spent most of the week in Whistler!

Oh how I love Whistler, even in the rain!
It is such an awesome reminder to me of GOD's CREATION and His goodness!

So despite the crummy weather, and despite that I took too many naps to count ... we had such a wonderful time because we were with truly such AMAZING friends who had flown ALL this way to see us from NJ with their FOUR kids!! These friends go back before kids, we lived in NJ for 4 years, yet they were also there for us in the beginning stages with Bella and during her 1st year! They were the friends who we stopped by at midnight on the way back from PA after we had just that day found out we were parents to a beautiful baby girl ... which we were NOT at all planning for (we thought children were years away and we had actually bought flights to Europe for that summer and were beginning to make plans to move back out West ... I had even given notice at my work) ... and they had prepared a basket FULL of baby stuff for us!!! Okay, so that was more information than I was planning ... lets just say that Bella also has a DIVINE story and lets just say that we SO LOVE these friends and are SO THANKFUL for them! They are the kind of friends that we know, despite the distance, we will ALWAYS be friends :)

And to TOP it off my sister flew in from Alberta to help out with the kids ... as I was recooperating ... and like I said I napped LOTS and stayed really low key! I was more like the auntie and my sister was more like the mommy ... How amazingly kind and thoughtful is that ... this describes my sister Esther! This is the same Auntie that took my kids for 2 weeks while I was in Ghana and LOVED on them ...
I LOVE these of Kody ... I'm pretty sure this was his 1st time in a swing ... as you can tell, he loved it :) He is such a HAPPY little guy ... I can have him laughing out LOUD in seconds ... ohhhh what a blessing he is!










So here are some of my favorite pictures ... although I would have to say I was not there for a lot of the rainly adventures ... which is a GOOD thing ... as I might have stopped some of the FUN adventures they went on (i.e. letting the kids play in the spray park in 40 degree weather ... not kidding :) )

Comments

Unknown said…
How can I keep from singing Your praise....
How can I ever say enough...
How amazing is Your love....
How can I keep from shouting Your name...
I know I am loved by the King...
And it makes my heart want to sing..

I can hear you down here!! :)

Can't wait until I hear that giggle!!

Kathy
Kevin and Kate said…
Kevin swears that it was at least 45 degrees. and i don't think that you know about the "polar bear" game that went on down by the hot tub. they would spray the kis with the hose and see who could hod out the longest before jumping in to get warm. i put and end to that one was i caught on that it was going on. anyway it was great seeing you guys again and we had a great time despite the weather and your illness.
kate