Tagged!!

Sooo ... I don't normally do this kind of stuff :)
But since I was TAGGED by one of my CLOSEST friends in the whole world, Carrie over at http://www.willinghearts.blogspot.com/, I thought I would play along! Add on that this dear friend moved 5 hours away last August :( (I miss you Carrie)!


7 Random Things about myself!

1. I was born in a little country that usually no one has heard about AND I lived there until I was 11 years old! I was born in the Faroe Islands, and I actually added a link recently under the Faroese flag which explains a bit about the country (I added one under each country ... I know, I know, you are surprised I find the time ... I do it after the kids go to bed ... it is my down time :) ) One interesting fact about the Faroe Islands is that there are more SHEEP than people, not kidding :)

2. English is not the national language in the Faroe Islands, faroese is :) Soooo I did not learn English until I came to Canada at the age of 11, at which point I was considered an ESL/ELL student ! I so vividly remember my first day of school, I could not speak or spell anything in english ... and they didn't have my name down on the list ... so I wrote it the correct way on the board for the teacher :)


3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi!!!!!!!!! Especially spicy tuna sushi :) It is my favorite food and I could eat that and chocolate chip mint ice cream each day! Except sadly within the last couple of weeks my stomach has been having some serious issues ... and my mom thinks it is my stomach still recovering from the typhoid and I should cut out spicy food (amongst do some other things) ... sadness ... I LOVE spicy food! (my mom had typhoid about 5 years ago when she was living in Banglidash)!


4. SOO although I ALWAYS thought I would ONLY ever have 2 kids, I am the 2nd oldest of 6 kids (5 girls and 1 boy) ... although now with the changes in my family I would have to say I have a total of 11 siblings :) Needless to say, I'm used to having lots of people around :)


5. I have owned a TRIPLE stroller and used it almost daily for about a year when we first got Faith! It provided the little bit of sanity through the freedom that it gave me that I so desperately needed during that very difficult adjustment phase! Yes, I took it around town ... usually on roller blades :) I know, it is hard to imagine :)


6. I absolutely LOVE being married to my husband Sam, he is my best friend, my partner, and my good looking honey! I know this might not be that much of a random thing! Growing up I truly did not think marriage could be this great, it has surpassed any and all of my expectations!

7. And #7 hmmmmmmm ... I LOVE to travel and fully experience other cultures (the smells, the food, the sights ... all of it :) ) ... I have been to about 14 different countries (not including the US and Canada) ... if we didn't have any kids, this is Sam and I would be doing in our free time :)
NOW I'm supposed to tag other blogs ...

Comments