Week of prayer!


This week Ella's passport has been HEAVY on my heart!!

I have been literally without ceasing praying for it ... day and night!! Not only have I been praying (I would say hard core praying) ... I have been praying for the other 4 passports that 4 other families are waiting for!!! I have been praying that ALL of the passports COME AT THE SAME TIME ... THIS WEEK!!! That would be soooooooooo awesome (don't you think C, L, A, and K) :)

My conviction was that when I thought of Ella/Ghana ... I WOULD PRAY!!!!

My heart UNDERSTANDS Ghana, and I FULLY GET how getting all of the passports is NOT THE NORM at all!! There is no rhyme or reason to the passport process in Ghana!!! Many families that are adopting siblings from Ghana have gotten 1 passport, and then often weeks or days later they get the other passport or passports needed for their other new child (children))!!!

Soooooooooooo although I understand this ... it has still been my prayer!! I know that I serve a God of MIRACLES!!!!! I also know that things do happen in God's perfect time, versus what we might think is the perfect time!!!!!!!!!!! If truth be told, sometimes it takes EVERYTHING in me to FULLY LEAN ON and TRUST this!!!

It has also been on my kids' heart ... I have gotten quite a few "mommy, when is Ella coming home?" When I shared God's perfect time to them and how mommy has been praying (and claiming) Ella's passport, Faithie wanted to pray right then for Ella's passport! It was SO SWEET and not the norm for her!! THANK YOU JESUS for the heart you are developing in her!!

I'm usually not one for trying to figure out "why!" But this week I have been wondering, was our MIRACLEOUS 24 hour I-600 approval for a specific reason aside from COMPLETELY BLESSING us and CONFIRMING to us God's perfect (not neccessarily easy) will!!!

After much heartache and praying, and trying to figure out why and when ... God AGAIN brought me to a place where I can fully say ..."God, I will be okay with AND will praise you WHENEVER Ella comes home ... if it is many days, weeks, or months from now ... regardless of the timing, I TRUST YOUR GOODNESS ... AND I will SING YOUR PRAISES!"

Depending on the timing ... if it is months from now ... yes I probably will have to go through again what I went through this week ... :)

(another picture from my trip)

Comments

Awo said…
Maria, I cannot even imagine how hard it is to wait, and how frustrating. I have REALLY been praying for those passports, because although I know that they will come at His perfect time, I also believe that there is something holding them back that God's people must fervently pray against. God laid it on my heart to do a day of prayer and fasting for passports, and I will have a special day of prayer and fasting on Friday. I'm looking forward to the BREAKTHROUGH!
Awo
Awo
Monica said…
Thank you for the invite Maria...I so enjoy reading your blog. It was so good to meet you and Amanda. I am praying for your families as you journey through this process.

Blessings
Monica
Kristin said…
Maria, I am right here with you, praying day and night, without ceasing. It is on my heart when I wake up, go to bed, and when I sleep. I will rejoice with you whenever we get these because our God is good! Thanks for including our family in your prayers too!
Much Love,
K