We needed to be home this week ...


"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you & not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope & a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Since our trip to Ghana last May, it has been on our hearts to sell our house!! The depth of poverty that we saw made us want to live more simply & it made us want to be a REAL part of LIVING FAITH TO END POVERTY!!!

Since then we have wanted to live life in a more meaningful way. We have had conversations abouts starting orphanages, starting feeding programs, digging wells, helping OTHERS financially in bringing home more kids ... we talk about doing more with the resources that we have been given.

We don't know what this really will look like, essentially though the verse & quote on top of the blog becoming part of our life goal & dreams!!!

This is what we have felt God stirring in our hearts! So about a month ago we had an appraisal scheduled so we could refiance our house & the day before the guy came ... we just did not have peace ... so we decided to step out in FAITH & at least give God the opportunity to sell our house IF this is what HE was calling US to do!!! We knew the state of the economoy & we knew we could not sell the house for lower than what we bought it for ... So we have listed it for sale by owner!!

I honestly have cried tears (I know, not surprising for me) about selling the house!!! More than anything, I love the location of our house ... 2 of my BEST & CLOSEST & DEAREST friends are walking distance from our house, Sam is 3minutes from his work, & I am 1 minute from my current job! AND we have view of the mountains ... which I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! These are the things that make me most sad, aside from loving our neighborhood & really liking the actual house :)

Since listing our house the reality of having FIVE kids in 3 small bedrooms has also become a concern ... and within just the last week, the reality that my employer is planning on cutting about $500,000 from the 3 elementary schools in town ... history proving to me that when this happens usually counselors get cut back which means for me that because I am the least senior person I would be the one to go!!! This has not happened yet & is ANOTHER thing that I'm leaning on Jesus for, for provision, direction ....

Well, yesturday we had 2 showings & last night one of the couples verbally made a full price contingent offer (contingent on the sale of their house located in a nearby town, them already having had 1 lower than what they wanted offer, them lising their house about the same time as ours))! The other people that saw our house are still deciding, our house at this point being their 2nd option ... they are moving from out of state ... for work reasons!!

What are we going to do IF the sale really goes through!! We really don't know, we want to lower our morgage but have more space ... we are trusting Jesus to make His plans CLEAR!!! We don't want to make any kind of quick decision, so if need be we might rent for the next 6 months to a year ... we will see!!! There is a home built in the 60's that we like but they would, but they would have to come down in price about 20% in order for it to be worth it ... it is an estate sale!!!

God has been stirring my heart in one other way & 1 week & 3 days ago I told God that if this was something He really wanted me to do ... I needed it to be CLEAR & I needed a sign, like Him selling our house in 1 week ... does this count???

ALL TO SAY that IF we were in Ghana this week ... we would not have paid the flat list MLS fee (SUCH a great deal) ... & we would not have had 2 showings yesturday ... AND ...

"For I know the plans I have for you ... plans to prosper you & not to harm you ... plans to give you a hope & a future." This is MY LIFE verse ... although quite honestly last weekend I lost sight of it ...


I feel completely humbled & also in total AWE & ADORATION of the Creator of the Universe!!!

Comments

Carrie said…
So excited to hear your house news. Can't wait to see where this goes...

Love,
Carrie