LEGALLY theirs!!


I have 3 close friends waiting to get their babies home!! One of these friends is a friend who I have known for about 12+ years, I met her when she started dating one of our friends from college/university (who she later married)!!! She is someone who I right away connected with, us having very similar passions about faith, social justice issues, and especially about adoption & orphans!!

She was also the only other person who I knew 12 years ago, who like me, wanted to adopt a child just as much as she wanted to have a biological child!!

Well, through the years our friendship grew ... and she has become someone in my inner circle who I feel like I can be TOTALLY open and honest with, about the good the bad and the ugly ... about anything and everything!! She is also someone who I often go to for a sounding board and for advice!! She walked with me through all of the TOUGH attachment and transition that followed when we brought our sweet Faith home!!

She is someone who I totally RESPECT and admire!! She is an AMAZING woman of God, of enormous faith and conviction - and amazing mom, wife, friend, foster mom, and defender and advocate of those less fortunate!!

Well her passion for adoption did not go away, instead I would have to say that like mine it has grown! However, unlike me, she has had a passion for foster kids and for the past 11 years has been an amazing foster mom - along with her wonderful husband and family ... there never seeming to be the right time to pursue her and her husband's dreams for adoption!!!

WELL, this year is the TIME!!! Yesturday they went to court in Ethiopia - this was their 2nd court date, the first one being a month earlier - and now they are the legal proud parents of an adorable little baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo I wanted to OUT LOUD CELEBRATE and PRAISE with them!!!!!!! YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! So WONDERFUL!! THANK YOU JESUS for this MIRACLE!!

Check out her blog for more info and pictures :)
www.willinghearts.blogspot.com

Comments

Carrie said…
Thank you Maria, you are so kind and sweet! You know I feel exactly the same about you. I am now crying again...
Isn't she cute?

I am so looking forward to seeing you this weekend!!

Love,
Carrie