Daddy's New Little Girl!!


Today I got to hold Ella again!
Today Ella sat in my lap, it honestly feeling like I had never left her 4 months ago ... it simultaneously feeling like she was right where she belonged ... it didn't feel like she was my new little girl ... it just felt like she was my little girl!! I think she even got a bit jelous when another little girl was sitting on my lap for an extended period of time! It felt like we started again right where we left of in December!! YES, I know that we have a JOURNEY ahead of us and YES I first hand know that attachment is a PROCESS, a TWO WAY reciprocal process ... truly a life long process!!
AND today Ella got to sit in her new daddy's lap ... for the FIRST TIME!!!!!! She was similar to how she was with me the first time I met her ... quiet and shy for a while at first ... then totally playful and sweet ... Sam right away seeing why I fell in love with her ... ALSO right away seeing how her new sisters and brothers will also right away fall in love with her!!
Okay, honestly ... it is still totally SURREAL that we are HERE bringing home our 5th child, our new precious sweet daughter ... one who God SOMEHOW deemed us worthy to be HER forever PARENTS!!!
AND quite honestly ... the MONTHS of angst and sadness ... ALL GONE the moment I picked her up!! AND you know what I LOVE about today ... is that God orchestrated IT ALL ... every single detail of it ... and He used a variety of people to complete His purposes ... and do you know what He let me do ... come along for the RIDE and bear witness to WHAT HE DID!!! Oh what PURE JOY and TOTAL BLESSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD ... sing with me ... HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD ... How GREAT, how GREAT is our God!"

WOW ... am I already THANKFUL that we TRUSTED God's voice when He quietly one day in church said, "she will be your little girl!" I can't say that I trusted His direction that same day, it actually taken about 2 months for me to say ..."okay God ... if you are SURE ... then we will trust you!"

Okay, I can't help it ... but after spending a day at an orphanage I can't help it but plead on behalf of the WAITING kids EVERYWHERE ... 143 MILLION children waiting for their forever families ... if God is CALLING you to adoption ... take the GIANT LEAP OF FAITH ... TRUST HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! He WILL be faithful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Heidi said…
I can honestly say, the photo of Sam & Ella speak for itself. Sam's expression of love,joy & wonder at your daughter is exactly how I remember you and Ella! God is truly great, awesome, faithful & so much more. Thank you Lord for Sam & Maria's obedience when You called them as parents for Ella.
Lots of love. We are keeping you in our prayers.
Heidi,George & girls
Shonni said…
Such a beautiful picture and them both. Thank you Jesus!
Jen said…
Oh, this made me teary eyed with joy for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your faith and trust in God with us all. I hope that someone out there reads your words and it speaks to their heart and they decide to realize the pure joy of adoption. We are all so blessed to parent our beautiful children.

Congratulations!
Jennine
Yeah for "daughter's on laps"!
God is amazing!
BEAUTIFUL picture!
looking forward to good news about appointment, "Bh prayer Time, Exit and your first night with Ella just the 3 of you! YEAH!
Miss you friend...but there is NO other place I would want you to be but RIGHT there...being obedient!
C
K said…
Beautiful, Maria! Thanks for posting that photo of Sam and Ella! So wonderful to read about their first meeting.

Grateful that the flight went well and the luggage arrived with you.

Also grateful for your heart for orphans! If only more people had the opportunity to meet these amazing kids..... : )

Enjoy your time in Ghana. You are in my prayers, as you seek to wrap things up there to travel home together.

Big hugs to R and her kiddos from me,

K : )
The Princess said…
LOVE the picture! LOVE the story! LOVE your heart for the orphans of the world! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU!!!
Carrie said…
We love the picture, and are so happy you are both there finally! Can't wait to hear what she thinks of her new life, and hopefully meet her soon!

Love,
Carrie
the smiths said…
Love the pic! Trusting God because He knows the big pic is so hard, but you guys are really living for Him. Well done!! :)