TODAY IS the day theLord made ...


It BLOWS my mind & heart that everything that happened today was ordained & orchestrated by my Father & Lord!! It brings me back to my tears and hours on my knees for Ella's passport, and I can totally see my Father out of love smiling, as He KNEW that today was coming SOON!! There are soo many things to share from today ... I don't know where to start ... I will start with that we had our visa interview today & GOD PROTECTED and they said there was no problems & that we could pick it up on Friday!!
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The second thing that I will share is that Ella is NOW with us!!! OH MY HEART!!! The older kids at Beacon House sent her off today with prayers, a song, and hugs!!! OH MY HEART!!! I was not prepared for what was coming!!!!!!! This ceremony will be forever etched in my mind ... how BEAUTIFUL it truly was!!!



Today we also walked to the mall from our hotel/motel ... yep Amy we really did :) It was an adventure ... and I am sure we were a SIGHT to see!!! I'm sure any adoptive family who has been to Ghana is now smiling ... we had to cross 3 main streets :) Carm,Kev, Bruce, & Kristy ... it was like crossing the main streets in Thailand :)




This was a picture Sam took while I was reading stories!! Ella is REALLY doing SOO fabelously ... oh myyyyy ... yes she is testing limits ... but OH MY I feel God's protection over her heart and mine ... and I know those of you who knew me well, are saying HALLELUJAHS with me :)


Okay ........ so this picture ... isn't she the MOST ADORABLE BABY GIRL around :) She belongs to our close friends ... and she is coming home soon ... I just had to share the picture!!!



This picture is of WONDERFUL Becky who has been at BH since around December/January (I think) and will be there until June! Becky is FABELOUS and a total God sent!! Everyone who IS coming ... you will love her!!! I'm pretty sure she won't read this so I also wanted to share with all of you that she loves oreos and reeses peanut butter cups (just like Romana does) :)


AND the last picture ... MY FAVORITE FOOD here in Ghana ... not sure on the spelling, fu-fu, and it is also possibly what gave me tyhpoid as I ate it from a local place!! But OH is it delicous ... and Sam & I had some last night from the place we are staying ... and I think it is his favorite food now too :)

I STILL can't believe I AM HERE ... and actually I can't believe Sam is here TOO!!!!!!!!!! AND if it weren't for our friends who decided they wanted to give us the money for Sam to specifically go (and they would not take no for an answer) ... he wouldn't be here!!! AND if it weren't for some other dear friends from out East, Sam's grandparents, my sisters Rebs & Esther (and Greggles & Jer), Sam's sisters, Grandma Barb, a two anonymous gifts, and friends from work ... Sam also wouldn't be here ... as GOD USED ALL OF YOU through your financial partnership with us & our Father to BRING ELLA HOME!!!!!!!!!! AND IF you all knew the SPECIFICS of how God used you ... it would blow your minds & hearts away!!! It blows my heart & mind away ... I am OVERWHELMED by all of your generosity ... AS a taxi driver today shared with us (yes we still use our friend Geroge, but used someone else for a short distance) ... this kind man said ... "God wants us to spend money on others and then we will see GREAT investment!" He said many other wise and kind things too ... I love the way GOD SPEAKS INTO OUR LIVES ...

THANK YOU to everyone who is PRAYING ... we can feel your prayers!! Thank you everyone for your posts, they are encouraging ... thank you everyone for your love and support!!!! Tomorrow we are off to Cape Coast for the day , to see Elimina (sp?) ...

Comments

Okay... I thought I had cried the tears for your beautiful family already...but NO...there were MORE today!
Can i just say YEAH for Visa appointments
YEAH for EXIT...and PRAYER...(that picture took me back to the moment of sitting in the circle with my kids getting BLESSED and PRAYED over by the BH kids...shook my heart to a place that will forever be a PART of me! (thanks for sharing...tears still)
Yeah for Hotels and books and walking to the MALL...holy cow..you have to have your running shoes on to CROSS the roads around that area! have a GREAT first sleep with your lil one! I do love you friend!
Cheryl said…
Oh Maria - I'm so happy! Thank you SO MUCH for our early morning wake up call this morning. Talking to our girls just made my day - it's been SO long! Ella looks great and so happy. I love the picture of them praying. Is that David sleeping on the floor in the background? I think it is. Can't wait to get our kids all together again here in the US! See you soon!

Cheryl
lori said…
what a day! it takes me back as well - it was only 3 months ago. the prayer and song and hugs was almost overwhelming - I wasn't prepared for it to touch my heart the way it did. we have Eli's on video and all you hear is my husband sniffing as he records it! :) you are brave for walking to the mall. wow -
praying no more bumps and you come home as expected!
Anonymous said…
So amazing, we are so thankful for everything that you are experiencing and the nearness of God in the midst of it all. we'll continue to pray for you, and we're most excited to meet Ella...
love Greg, Rebs, Adi, and Elijah
HOOOORAAAYYY!!! Love see these pictures and all the smiles...I will hug Halle extra tonight remembering God gave us HER just like he gave you Ella!! We love you guys and can't wait to see Ella in person!!!
...April
Amy said…
Maria, what a wonderful day for you, Sam and Ella! And yes, I am *amazed* that you walked to the mall! Blessings to you, friend!
Amy
Rebecca said…
Happy, Happy Joyful tears.
Thank you Lord!
Lisa Michele said…
That was so wonderful it made me sing:

Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed

Oh what a glorious day
What a glorious way
That You have saved me
Oh what a glorious day
What a glorious name

God Bless all of you as you complete your trip and return home!
Kristin said…
I am so happy to come and read that all is going so smoothly for you and that you will be ready to come home on Friday! Praise God! Enjoy your time at Cape Coast and it will be fun to hear more updates as you go or when you get home! Blessing on the rest of your trip; what an exciting one!
Carmen said…
Maria and Sam - I must say that the picture of Ella's send off was the most precious I have seen EVER. My heart skipped a beat. Beautiful! Blessings friends, Carmen