God CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the most amazing & inspiring story to share that does not involve me at all ... but I don't think the people it involves mind me sharing it :)

Have you ever heard God clearly ask you to do something, and you have NO IDEA of WHAT He will do through it ... but you know if you don't follow what He IS asking you to do - you are being DISOBEDIENT!!!

Well, I know 2 amazing women like that! Our pastor did a sermon series on "The Hole in the Gospel," in June (I sooooooooo reccommend the book if you haven't read it yet)& these two amazing women were stirred UP AND God broke their hearts AND God SPOKE!

He (God that is) told them that they were to plan a a "walk-a-thon" for WATER -Water for LIFE!! Sooooooo they did ... having NO IDEA what God would do! They did an AMAZING JOB, they are stellar organizers I would have to say ... and they focused on making it a FAMILY EVENT (such an awesome idea) ... and it happened this past Saturday ...

From two women stepping out in FAITH & being OBEDIENT ... GOD DID HIS THING ... and $7800 dollars were RAISED!! That is seven thousand and eight hundred dollars! Can you believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It leaves me TOTALLY IN AWE of our Creator!!!
ALL of the money is going towards New Generation Ministries (there are links on my blog) to build a WELL for their orphanage facility & medical building in Haiti... and for the LOCAL COMMUNITY!!! This ministry in Haiti was started and is being run by two other amazing people (which would be one long post to share their story(s)) ... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On top of that ... they also were able to get 14 local sponsors for the event! Blows my mind & heart!

I loooooooooooooove it!!
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE being able to SEE up close & bear witness to God's MIRACLES!!!!
Our family was there with at least 25+ other families (100 people or so ... lots of kids) :)
Such JOY to be a part of God's STIRRING & MOVING ... and RIGHT here in the little town we live in!! LOVE IT!

Comments

The Dahl House said…
Maria....You are so adorable! God certainly did more than all we asked or imagined....and He continues to! Since the walk ended, numerous people have continued to give at random times and places-an envelope of cash handed to me at church, a $100 bill handed to us from the waiter while at lunch, and even today both Naomi and I received checks for the well drilling project in the mail! At last count we were up to $8600!!! Truly amazing....and truly God! I am in awe....
Andy said…
Hello-

I recently stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say hello. We have a daughter adopted from China (in March 2009). Our daughter has a medical need called cleft feet and syndactaly of her fingers. While reading your blog, I thought your Faith may have a similar background. Our daughter (Maeve) has had one surgery so far. Anyway, you have an amazing family and story. Thanks for sharing! Please stop by our blog when you have a chance.