Ella is FIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEE!!






Our BEAUTIFUL new daughter is five!!! A week ago on Ella's BIRTHDAY we CELEBRATED the GIFT of her with A LOT of friends and family! It was SOOOOOOOOOO WONDERFUL! We had 27 children over and 17 adults ... :) what JOY! Truly!!!

We don't normally do such large birthdays (although we do believe in CELEBRATING BIRTHDAYS) but we thought that our Ella deserved for her first birthday party to be BIG (although I'm sure she did have some kind of celebration last year at BH)!!!

The build up for Ella's birthday was sooooooooo sweet!! As all of the details of Ella's special day were revealed to her, her WHOLE FACE would EVERY time light up! And we heard the same question asked repeatedly, "FOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR MEEEEEEEEEEEE?"

She was delighted over getting to choose the food, she choose chicken, french fries, and carrots :) And for her cake she choose a butterfly cake, which is probably my favorite one to make :)

Ella is doing SO WELL - OH MY HEART, truly!!! Our attachment process is going well, although it is STILL A PROCESS ... for both her and ALL of us!!! It is a process getting to know each other and then connecting on a soul level!

As Ella blew out the candles on her cake my spirit in that moment felt very overwhelmed ... the little girl who I met a year ago when bringing Kody HOME, is NOW HOME and is OUR LITTLE GIRL!!! The process of getting her home flashed through my mind, my Creator and King WON the BATTLES and she isssssssssssssssss HOME!!!

Ella's process from beginning to end took just under eight months! Although at times the wait felt excruciating (to say the least) ... her process in reality was VERY QUICK!!!

It blows my heart when I think about how GOD has ALL of the details of our lives orchestrated and taken care of - IF WE are WILLING to trust Him!!! Sometimes I wonder what is up ahead for us throughout the next several years!!! Whatever comes I have learned to say YES ... even when I don't want to ... and even when I don't know exactly what He is asking me to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU Jesus for loving me unconditionally with an endless amount of grace and with an overflowing of blessings in my life!







Comments

Ella...God has grabbed our hearts with your pure laughter, your sweet smile and your obedient mommy and daddy to go when called to get you and LOVE you purely!
THANK you for letting us SING to you on your special day! My favorite moment at the party was in the kitchen as we got the cake ready and your mommy said "Ella has been answering the question...."what do you want for your birthday?" with the answer..."people to SING to me" I said, "what song do you think we should sing?" (honestly teasing her a bit...knowing it was her birthday party...)
And she looked right at me and said "Jesus Loves Me!"
Ohhhhhh my heart!
Happy Birthday Sweet Ella!
We had a grand time!
Heidi said…
Ella,
We can hardly believe you are all "grown up". Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie and may this new year be filled with laughter, joy and love.
Maria & Sam, WOW I'm still in awe at how the little ones change once they're home. Ella's photos really show her joy at being part of a special family and the fact that she's loved, just radiate from each photo.
Congratulations on your daughter's birthday. May God fill this year with love, joy & blessings.
Lots of love & plenty of hugs!!
George,Heidi,Ellen,Marina,Yvonne & Samuel!
Heidi said…
Ella,
We can hardly believe you are all "grown up". Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie and may this new year be filled with laughter, joy and love.
Maria & Sam, WOW I'm still in awe at how the little ones change once they're home. Ella's photos really show her joy at being part of a special family and the fact that she's loved, just radiate from each photo.
Congratulations on your daughter's birthday. May God fill this year with love, joy & blessings.
Lots of love & plenty of hugs!!
George,Heidi,Ellen,Marina,Yvonne & Samuel!