Beautiful daughter!


Yes, I WHOLE HEARTEDLY know that I have 3 beautiful daughters!
Although the focus of this post will be on my oldest beautiful daughter, on the inside and out!!

People often tell us that Isabella's adoption story is everyone's dream adoption story, an integral component being that we were NOT trying to adopt ... nor were we trying to have children ...

Truly since the FIRST TIME that I first held Isabella in my arms - I KNEW INSTANTLY that God was giving her to us a SACRED GIFT right from His heart to ours - and that one of the greatest JOYS of my life would be that I got to be HER FOREVER MOM!

It brings tears to my eyes thinking back to the sacred moment that Sam and I first got to meet her ... she was only two days old ... and within a literal 24 hours she became our little girl!

In reflection it is interesting as ALL of our adoptions after Isabella have required me asking God REPEATEDLY, "are you sure ... really ... you want US to be his/her forever family ... really ... us?"

With Isabella we never had to ask, we INSTANTLY in the moment knew and God gave us such ENORMOUS PEACE and protection! Sam and I did not even have ONE conversation about it as to if we should or shouldn't ... and it really did ALL happen within 24 hours!

Within a week we had nicknamed her, "sweets," and to this day that nickname holds true! She is an AMAZING little girl, who daily blesses our socks off! Sincerely, it is such a JOY an honor to be her forever mom!

I've had many different conversations about different topics connected with adoption with a variety of different people throughout the last week ...

I've been told that "it is so great what you and Sam do," ... but HONESTLY we ARE THE BLESSED ONES!!! Our kids are OUR KIDS ... PERIOD!!! The stats on orphans in the world is SO ENORMOUS and SO OVERWHELMING ... and as others have told us, "you can't save them all!"!

Sam and I are often TOO AWARE OF THIS ... which many do not understand how this truly aches and breaks our hearts ... at times into a million pieces ... literally!

But we will "save" the ones we are supposed to ... knowing EACH TIME that we are the BLESSED ONES through the easy and the hard!!! AND knowing that life is SO SHORT, and the only thing that really matters is that we live a life totally devoted to our Creator and King, being obedient with WHATEVER He asks us to do!

I don't know how to get this point accross to people - of how truly BLESSED we are through each one of our children - bio or adopted! I hear myself say it to people, but very few times do I think that person who I'm talking to actually understands what I am saying to the depths of which it is TRUE!!!

Our biological child and our adopted children are ALL SUCH JOYS and GIFTS to Sam and I!!! I say that with my WHOLE HEART ... but I don't think the words do what I feel and think justice!!!! There is no distinction between our bio child and adopted children ... each one of them is our child in the fullest sense of that meaning! (Yes even with the attachment and transition struggles we have had ... which we have had!)

I feel I have gone off on a tangent ... so to come back to why I started this post! Our oldest daughter is now SEVEN years old and is in 2nd grade ... and she is doing things like trying out for the Christmas play at church, starting piano lessons, reading fluently, practising cheer leading with friends at school ... she is starting to grow up ... in another seven years she will be fourteen!!! Oh the times when our precious jewels are little, oh what JOY!!!! Oh what JOY Isabella is!

THANK YOU Jesus for your blessings, thank you for the amazing sacred gift of our daughter Isabella ... and for every precious jewel that followed!!

(143 million children are WAITING for their chance to be someone's forever JOY!!)

Comments