Why dont' we ...


Sometimes I think my children make better advocates for ALL Of the WAIITING children in the world then me! My children do not beat around the bush, they don't sugarcoat things, they see things AS THEY ARE, and they also just simply say what is on their hearts!

You can imagine the many interesting conversations at our house, as adoption is part of the definition of our family!

One of the questions Matteus has been asking repeatedly ... I think now he just likes me to tell the story is ... "mom, why am I the only one born in your tummy?"

The answer/story is usually the same ... in sumary I tell him how when mommy and daddy got married we wanted to have one baby from our tummy and we wanted to adopt one baby. The story goes on to say how we did that AND then we felt God say that we needed to adopt more children/babies because there are so many children in the world that do not have mommies and daddies! So he is born in my tummy and his sisters and brothers are born in my heart!

Well this morning at about 6:45AM Matteus' response was;
"Why don't we adopt more kids? Did God say we should only have 5?"

Nope (any family who is reading this and getting worried) ... this is NOT another adoption announcement =) Although I do have to say that if anyone is considering adoption and is praying about what to do and if you are looking for some guidance ... my children might be able to give you some great honest feedback =)

And if you are wondering my response to Matteus! I would have to say that I PAUSED (pondered) and said, "I don't know Matteus. We will see!" I wanted to say, "ONLY FIVE children?" To me those three words should not be in the same sentence =)

Strangers often feel the need to ask us if we are going to adopt more, and what I tell strangers is we will do what God calls us to do! And I tell them that I am VERY CONTENT with five kids (I was also VERY CONTENT with two, three, and yep with four) and I do not need to have any more, but have learned enough from the last few years that my plans are not my own ... and that despite the struggles there is SUCH JOY AND BLESSINGS in God's plans and those are the ones I want for my life!

This post could go on and on ... but just wanted to SHARE my son's WORDS to me this morning!

THANK YOU JESUS for the GIFT of each one of my children!! I am SOO COMPLETELY BLESSED through each one of my FIVE (yes I have FIVE kids) children!!!

Comments

Cheryl said…
Ha! I love it, Maria! I was complely content with TWO! Then God suprised us with our third! When we decided to adopt, we thought we would adopt ONE - and that was pretty certain! Well - the one turned into three and I just adore them all, as you know! I'm pretty sure that this is it, but I know better than to tell God that! We are always open to His will - I just hope He knows how tired I am! LOL! Love you, Maria!
the smiths said…
Wow - "only five". :) From a mother of one.....

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that my sis has a referral for a beautiful 2 year old girl from South Africa. They fly out next Wednesday and the court date is November 4. Could you please be praying for them? They are feeling totally and utterly overwhelmed.

Thanks!!
Tam