National Adoption Day!

THANK YOU JESUS for the GIFT GIFT GIFT of our new daughter Ella! THANK YOU JESUS that you have given us the SACRED PRIVLEDGE to be Ella's FOREVER FAMILY!
THANK YOU JESUS for taking care of EVERY DETAIL when we were in the process of adopting her, and now that she is HOME!! THANK YOU JESUS for truly BLESSING our family!

THANK YOU for that you are the CREATOR of the Universe, yet also our Father!

THANK YOU for the heart you have given BOTH Sam & I, YOUR HEART, for the fatherless!! Although at times it feels tooo overwhelming to bear, we know that your heart also ACHES for the millions of fatherless in the US and around the world! AND we know that YOU are their father! I pray that TODAY on National Adoption Day that more people would TRUST YOUR CALLING on their lives to ADOPT!

Today we are going to court to re-adopt Ella!

Sooooooo if I may be SO BOLD on this very special day! It IS National Adoption Day, GO OUT AND ADOPT AND ORPHAN =)


Nope, I'm not kidding =)

If God has called you, GOD WILL BE FAITHFUL AND WILL PROVIDE!

No worries the process will probably take up to a year to a year and a half ... you will have plenty of TIME to get ready (you will need to make sure you really EDUCATE yourself about the reality of what will lie ahead for you and your new child and of the needs that will arise with your new child (the issues WILL be different) ...

It will be HARD I guarantee it ... but it will all be sooooooooooo worth it!
I added a picture of Faith on this post as I KNOW there are MANY waiting special needs kids in China ... check out the link on the right! There are children RIGHT NOW waiting everywhere for a family ... a family to call their own .... Adoption Advocates International is a local adoption agency that I would reccomend and I know they have waiting kids from different countries!

People often ask about how we can love a child that is not our "own!" Let me tell you the TRUTH, I can't believe that I get to be the MOM to ALL of our kids!! Me???? On some days I think that God has gotten it all wrong that He thought that I was worthy to be the mom to our five precious jewels!!! Honestly, if truth be told ... most days I feel like the LUCKIEST MOM in the whole world! There is NO pretense here (we are still having attachment and adjustments issues with Ella which are on some days hard) ... yet despite the hard Sam and I consider ourselves COMPLETELY BLESSED! AND honestly, just because four out of our five children were not born in my tummy and do not share our genetics - they are JUST AS MUCH OUR OWN as our biological son Matteus! AND honestly on some days I strongly dislike the above question as it on no level has any understanding of the amazing, awesome, and God evidence truths of being the forever mom to an adopted child!
Each one of our children is unconditionally loved by Sam and I, just as God designed family to be!

Comments

Becca M. said…
Great post! You have such beautiful children, I was so glad we got to re-adopt our children "together" today! Also, we went through AAI, so if anyone wants to talk with someone who used them, I'm more than willing to be an advocate!

And THANKS for volunteering your time to plan and lead the celebration!
Cheryl said…
Hey Maria-it was so great to see you at NAD! It seems we always see each other at big events, huh? We'd love to have your family over so that we can spend some quality time together and get to know you better. And I know the kids would have a blast together, too. Let's make it happen! Deal! Congratulations!