Sooo proud of my sister and brother in law!


We had a fabelous weekend celebrating my sister Rebekka and my brother in law Greg!

They BOTH graduated this weekend with a Masters in Linguistic! They got to walk across the stage TOGETHER ... it was very SWEET to watch!

They have both always had a passion for other languages and cultures - them being two people who have always demonstrated Christ's love in a tangible way to ELL learners, refugees, and immigrants into Canada - them especially having a heart for people from the middle east, for Muslims! Throughout the years they have so completely inspired me through their extremely kind and generous - real life tangible ways of reaching out to these populations (and really anyone for that matter)! They have inspired me - and have also developed in me an increased understanding of their God given passions, developing in me a heart also for these populations! After graduating with their bachelors they spent a year (maybe it was more) in Libya ... and since then they have been the hands and feet to all those they encounter!

They are also people who despite their limited income, have EVERY time we have adopted supported us financially - AND supported us with prayer, scripture, and with listening wise and discerning hearts! THIS means more than words can say ... and could be an ENTIRE VERY LONG POST ... and I think those of you who have adopted understand fully the depth of the meaning of this kind of double support!


They are Christ followers who despite the easy and DIFFICULT things of life, seek God with their WHOLE HEARTS and LIVES ....


They are a TRUE INSPIRATION to Sam & I ... and I mean that wholeheartedly and on soooooo many levels!


So YES we are very proud of them graduating with their masters - BUT we are ALSO very proud of who they are as people and cosider it an HONOR to call them SISTER and BROTHER! THANK YOU JESUS for my sister and Greg, and for the blessing and gift they are to us, and to soooooooo many!


Did I mention that Greg got the HIGHEST GPA in his program and that he was one out of only 3 nominated for valedvictorian (Ohh that does not look I spelled that correctly - Greg will not like that I am writing this on here - as he is a very humble guy)! Actually when my sister shared this with us, he was very quick to say that had Rebs had someone to watch the boys so that she could study more - she would have beat his grades! He might be right =) My sister Rebs is VERY SMART ...


The first picture is of Rebs and Greg with their two adorable boys - the amazing cake was made by their amazing daddy Greg! And this last picture is of me with three of my sisters (I have four birth sisters and 3 adopted sisters) ... one of my sisters (Esther) flew in for the graduation weekend, so it is a special picture for us to be together ...




Comments