Wonderful Christmas!

(Kody dancing during our family Christmas dinner last weekend at my sister Isabelle's house)
(Faith & Bella at Isabelle's house again)
We truly have had the most WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS! Merry Christmas everyone! The celebration for us started last weekend, when my family came into town! Two of my sisters and their husband & boyfriend flew into town ... and my mom and family drove the 2 1/2 hours to be here and we had such an amazing time, staying up late every night playing games AFTER the kids went to bed (God SO has BLESSED us through our house as we have soo many spaces for people to sleep over)! The kids had sooooo much fun playing with and being loved on by their aunties, uncles, cousins, and omma and grandpa! It was fabelous truly! Here are some of the pictures of our time together ... we did continue some of our family traditions one of which is rice pudding (it is a Faroese/Danish tradition) with cherry sauce and full almonds ... whoever gets the almond is supposed to hide it until everyone is finished eating and then it is a guessing game as to who has it ... and the persons who get the almonds get an extra small present! This was one of my favorite tradition growing up ... AND it still is! Ella struggled a bit ... testing each aunt/uncle with defiance ... this we are finding to be a trend with her (testing new people) ... I would have to say that people are always a bit surprised as none of our other kids behave this way (or ever have been so defiant with our family & friends - with us yes, but not with others) ... we work through it with her =) !!! Despite this, I would have to say she FULLY ENJOYED her first Christmas HOME!


Here are some of the pictures ... we had a equally wonderful last couple of days ... I will post about those later! THANK YOU JESUS for being able to celebrate you on your Birthday!!!

(My sister Beinta and her boyfriend Stanley)

(Me and sweet Matteus)

(Kody & his cousin Adi, soooo SWEET)

(Uncle Jeremy who flew in from Alberta & Ella)

(My sister Deanne & Bella)

(My sister Esther .... hanging out)

(My sisters Esther & Rebs)


(My sisters Beinta & Esther)




(Me & my HONEY)

P.S. Yes, I have a LARGE extended family ... 4 birth sisters, 1 birth brother, 3 adopted sisters, and 2 step brothers ... not everyone made it =)

Comments

Cheryl said…
So sweet - loved seeing your big family! This will be us someday! Naomi got a doll for Christmas and she named her Ella! I REALLY think we need to stop putting it off and get together. How about some time in January??? Can you guys come down?
Anonymous said…
Aw... so sweet! I love the pics!! But, p.s. you have 3 step brothers!!! Still new so probably hard to remember! I am already wishing that i was back at your house playing games!! Love you!! :) Beinta