Carpe Diem!


Overwhelmed ... that is how I have felt this week! Not sure exactly the source or the reason (although for me it could for this week be partly in result because of my heavy heart because of Haiti and because of the huge issues that the kiddos I work with have to live with)! It might also perhaps be because I am an over-analyzer ... totally and completely! I wish I was more like my best friend/spouse who for the most part can turn topics/issuess off in his head! That is a skill that I don't have! It is a skill that I wish I had!


So sometimes, I think I stress myself out without any good cause ... except for perhaps that I am trying to live my life on my own! Which I cannot do! I soooooooooooooooo believe in Jeremiah 29:11 and I so cling on to it during my times of feeling overwhelmed!! Interconnected with this for me at times is that I also try to be in control of all of the details of my life, I resist giving God the THRONE of my life!


Sometimes it takes me a while to get back to the place of PEACE ... FULLY realizing that God does not want me to live anyone elses life! He ONLY wants me to live the life He has created and called me to live!


AND He wants me to only live ONE DAY at at time ... making sure to each day CARPE DIEM ... celebrating the big and little life opportunities that find themselves at the front door of my heart!


AND He has all the details of my life TAKEN CARE OF!! I don't need to worry about what is up ahead, the known or the unknown, because He has already provided ... for all of my needs and for those of my family!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


For reasons that I might never understand on this side of eternity, the plans that God designed for my life involve being the MOMMY of 5 precious jewels ... and the part-time school counselor at my children's school (to name only a couple of the specifics)! Although at times my mommy and school counselor heart get very tired ... I am THANKFUL that God has entrusted me with what He has! And I PRAISE Him for His goodness and too many to count blessings that He has given me!


The earthquake in Haiti brings back the raw realization of the many THINGS we have in our country ... that so many others do not have ... things that I know I take for granted ... clean water, hot water, a free education, safe homes, warm homes, food, food to feed my whole family 3+ times a day, health ... oh my heart, the list could go on and on!!!


THANK YOU JESUS for the life you have blessed me with! I stand in awe of you and I feel unworthy!


Comments

~Jennifer~ said…
I could have written that! I am feeling the SAME way this week!! Thanks for sharing Maria, you put the words out there for me as well.
Blessings and PEACE,
Jennifer