THANKFUL for grandma and pappa!


Sam's parents came in for the weekend and we had a WONDERFUL time! It was SO GREAT to see them - we had not seen them since at the end of August as they have been in Hong Kong! Since retiring God has developed in them a passion for chinese students - and so they are spending usually at least half of their year in Hong Kong!


Our kids adore them both, their grandma (Sam's mom) being such a playful spirit! I ran some errands with a girlfriend on Saturday (FUN) and as I was leaving Jane (Sam's mom) was sitting on the floor in Bella's room with all of them playing pretend restaurant - what a GIFT grandparents are! When I came back she was sitting on the floor downstairs playing duck duck goose! My mom (Omma) also lives 2.5 hours away (like Sam's parents) and she comes every other Wednesday night through to Thursday night and watches the kids while I work on Thursdays - what a GIFT to the kids and me!


THANK YOU JESUS for my parents and for Sam's parents ... THANK YOU for the precious time that we DO get to spend with them!
THANK YOU JESUS for that the heart of adoption AND heart for orphans that YOU have shaped in my husband's heart, is in HUGE in part because of his own story of being adopted almost 37 years ago by his forever parents! THANK YOU JESUS for giving Don & Jane the heart and desire to adopt 37 years ago ...
(Bella got a haircut ... she looks SO grown up ... OH MY HEART!)

Comments