We live IN a hurting world!


Today I was reminded of the fact that we LIVE IN a hurting world! We do not need to look very far to find people whose hearts are aching and could use our help!


I go through phases where I feel like maybe at times I look too much to distant shores to see HOW God wants to use me!! YES, God has given me a PASSION for orphans, injustices, and poverty ... the REALITY is that all of these exist within our own communities!!


I think God wants to USE us RIGHT where we are ... He wants us to be HIS hands and feet ... HIS SKIN ... to those in our own community AND to those in other countries!


I'm reminded of the two summers when I worked in the inner city of Camden NJ (with Urban Promise) ... I could drive literally one minute from one of the most desperate communities I have ever seen ... full of poverty, injustices, and orphans to find the MOST BEAUTIFUL HOMES whose owners were either completely unaware or completely unbroken for their NEIGHBORS who sooooo desperately needed them (and still do)!!


All to say, that today I found out that a mom of a student who I work with died over the weekend! It was a 32 year old healthy mom who has been fighting for her life in the hospital since December!!


IF God has BROKEN your heart for orphans, poverty, injustices ... ASK GOD to show you how He CAN use you in other countries AND in the country we live in!


It is a SAD day! It is going to be a SAD week!
THANK YOU JESUS that you are RIGHT HERE WITH ME ... in the midst of whatever life brings!

Comments