Oh HAPPY day ... well WEEK!!!



My sister is a MOM! My sister is a MOM!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!! I'm SOOOOOOO EXCITED for them, my heart has been grinning from ear to ear when we first got the call that they GOT THE CALL!! God's timing is a mystery to me, but I stand in awe at the details of my Creator!!


I can remember being a teenager and my sister THEN soooooo wanting to be a mom, it being the last thing on my heart and brain at that time! I then remember when we adopted Bella now almost eight years ago, my sister Esther was the second person to come and visit us (we were living on the East Coast at that time)! It meant SO MUCH that she came, and I think she has came every time we have grown our family!! What a GIFT and BLESSING!



I remember talking with my sister at that time and sharing my dream that God had given me (and Sam)when Sam and I got married 13+ years ago, to have one biolgical child and to have one adopted child! Well, God through the stirring of her heart and through our sweet sweet daughter Bella, birthed that same dream in my sister Esther! Even so much so that when she was dating her now husband, she clearly told him that if he was not open to adoption then he was not the man for her =) They have been married now for over four years, and he is equally as wonderful as my sister is! The pictures above are of my sister's visit a couple of months after Bella was born - the first one is when she first met Belle (PRECIOUS)!


So after failed dreams of having a birth child, and then failed dreams of adopting from Ethiopia because their agency went bankrupt ... they started an adoption with the US (they live in Canada) ... AND NOW THEY ARE PARENTS!! And their new son is ADORABLE, ADORABLE, ADORABLE ... and he is doing so great! They picked him up from the hospital on Monday in one of the southern US states ... and are hoping to bring him HOME this weekend! He is the exact same biracial make up as Bella, and seeing his pictures brings me right back to the day we brought her home from the hospital!!!


THANK YOU JESUS for the SACRED GIFT of my sister's new son!!! THANK YOU JESUS that you turn the injust and difficult into GOOD! THANK YOU JESUS for the amazing parents I know my sister and husband already are! THANK YOU JESUS that I know you have another child for them in Ethiopia in your time, as their agency as of late fall was pieced back together with the help of the Canadian goverment (Awesome eh! Okay, my Canadian side couldn't resist that phrase)! When I get permission, I will post pictures of my new nephew!!!

Comments

Julie said…
Wow! This made me cry. Thank you for sharing.
the smiths said…
Hey! So great to read this! Were they with Imagine? My sis and her hubbie lost $14000 and their chance to have a child from Ethiopia too, but within months (from July to the end of October), were blessed with a 2 year old girl from South Africa. Zoey is soooo sweet and her and Ro are the same age which is perfect. Anyway, a little family update for you. :) Thanks for sharing Esther's journey!!!!