ENOUGH!

AMEN Carrie!
I totally agree!
ENOUGH ... already!
I soooooooo adore Carrie and had to link her post to here! I have to say that I agree with everything she said but she said it so much better than I could ever say!
On an additional note, if I were to make a short list of people who I completely admire & respect, my dear friend Carrie would be on it! I have known Carrie for about 13 years and we have always been very like minded and like hearted. Through the years, we have had many LONG conversations, trying to solve the unjust issues of our country and of the world! Up until 2 years ago Carrie and I lived life together, now she is many hours away -- sigh! Yet, she is still someone I call if I need a sounding board, and wise insight! She is simultaneously someone who inspires me on EVERY level of my life! She is someone I COMPLETELY adore AND respect! She is someone who always has given 110% of herself to WHOEVER needs her! She is someone who lives a dangerously surrendered life ...
I don't feel like that description begins to even give justice to who Carrie IS ... all to say ... read her post! THANK YOU JESUS for Carrie and for the gazillion ways YOU have not only used her in my life through the years, but in the life of countless others! THANK YOU for her friendship!

Comments

Carrie said…
Wow- thank you Maria. You have been such a true friend over all these years! You have supported, encouraged, and challenged me in so many ways. Who would have thought all those years ago in our Bible study, that our lives would have taken the paths they have? Not us, anyway :) Our families have grown so much since we moved, that now our get-togethers will be truly crazy fun :). Keep rockin' the boats around you, sweet, wise, passionate friend!

Love ya,
Carrie
the smiths said…
Thanks for posting this Maria. I don't know Carrie at all, but was moved reading her thoughts and passions. She said it SOOOO well. :) You are so blessed to be surrounded by such dear friends, who encourage, challenge, stretch, and love you.