I trust YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Jesus!



We are walking something right now ... something I didn't quite expect and something that we will keep on walking TRUSTING God to work out ALL of the details!!! It is something that I am going to have to share AFTER God works out all of the details, as our world is just too small!!


However it has for a few hours (plus) made me ask, "did we hear God right?" And YES I believe we did hear God right, so we ARE going to keep on moving one foot forward, one step at a time ... TRUSTING!!!


When it all first happened Sam right away reminded me, "remember what you wrote on the dry board as your promise to God this year ... I trust you Jesus!"


And then a girlfriend reminded me to go to the Word, asking me if I had read that day's devotional (we do the same one) and nope I hadn't YET! Lametations 3:21-25:"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him!"


And then work happened and I worked through gaining perspective ... I AM SO BLESSED, I AM SO BLESSED, I AM SO BLESSED ... oh the many kiddos I work with and the TRAUMA they face EVERY DAY ... and the trauma they are processing and working through at their young age of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!!! OH MY HEART!! I went to a training a month or so ago called "Trauma Stewardship," which was sooooooo good on so many levels! It also did remind me that for the reasons that only God knows He has CALLED ME to be a steward of TRAUMA, by helping precious little jewels at work walk through the things (trauma) that has resulted in unfair and unjust destruction and brokeness in their lives!!!


And yes simultaneously once I got my feet back on the ground, the other passions of my heart brought to the surface the stark, unfair, and gross reality of the differences of what I have been given and blessed with, compared to my sisters in other countries, such as Ghana, China, Haiti ... and oh too many other nations!


Soooooooo regardless of the OUTCOME of what I am walking, I AM SOOOOO COMPLETELY BLESSED!!! So I am singing and praising, "I will worship YOU God for WHO YOU ARE, Holy, Righteous ... faithful to the END!"

(P.S. The pictures have nothing to do with my post ... well maybe that is not true ... they are EVIDENCE of how BLESSED I am! I get the SACRED HONOR of being Kody's forever mom!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh, if God is calling you to adoption ... TRUST HIM ... the blessings far OUTWEIGH any of the costs!)

Comments

Kristin said…
You are killing me!!! :) So much good stuff your way-I can't wait to hear more!
Carmen said…
preach it sister! :) stay the course dear friend.
Joy said…
Oh, your post echoes our week exactly. Some unknowns and new scenarios, which don't all jive. I am humbled, though, by your lovely words, as I tend to tumble much more quickly into fear and despair - working on it! I do pray that there will be clarity and resolution (and ongoing peace) in your circumstances.
Heidi said…
Everytime I see this little jewel's face I hear the song "Awesome God", he used to giggle every time it played or was being sung. And despite adoption being a rollercoaster ride,it still remains an awesome Godly ride, He is in control. Each child is such a blessing. Hope to have some news of our own soon :)
Love to all your jewels from our 4.
Dana Lohrer said…
Thank you for your blogging! At first they were hard to swallow at times, but thankfully God has been doing some great things in our hearts! I know without your blog, several others, and amazing our family that God has used in our lives we would not be where we are today!

Also, thank you for introducing me to Meredith Andrews! WOW! She is amazing and her songs are incredible!!! Each song brings me to tears and reminds me of what an awesome, amazing, faithful, Father we have!!!!