More about our little guy!


Just wanted to share a little more about the STORY of our little guy!


We have known about him since December ... and although he RIGHT AWAY caught our hearts we both immediately and firmly pushed away ANY thoughts of him becoming our forever son!


Then in January he was on my heart again ... to find out that he did not have a family yet! Again, we firmly and immediately pushed away ANY thoughts of him becoming our forever son! Our reasons were good and many as to why he should NOT be our forever son, although I would have to say we still have the same good reasons (how do we know for sure God is calling us, we already have five young children, what will people think, how are we going to pay for it, what will we drive, we already have five young children, what will people think, how are we going to pay for it, what will we drive, how do we know for sure, we already have five young children, what will people think, how are we going to pay for it, what will we drive ... and so on)



I remember near the end of January getting the "sense" again that a baby was coming! With EVERY single one of our adoptions God has planted the exact same seed, before even beginning any of the adoptions ... I was totally surprised though at God's whisper (you would think I would learn), and thought OHHH maybe at the END of this year we will begin an adoption process! Then when my sister and husband got their adorable son and I thought, "oh, God must have meant my sister's baby ... WHEEEEEEEW!"


Well then in MARCH I was NOT at all thinking or praying about adoption/adopting, God brought our new son before me! Three weeks in a row while I was worshipping at church, our new son's face would flash before me! The first time I was totally surprised and pushed it away as God directing! The second time I AGAIN pushed it away, but God was starting to get my attention. After the third time, Sam and I agreed that we would INQUIRE about him and see if he had a forever family!!!


Well, of course he did not have a forever family!! When I was sharing our story with our AWESOME doctor who does not share our faith, she commented on how weird it was that such a little guy would be waiting SO LONG ... I remember sharing with her that I didn't think so, as God MEANT FOR HIM TO BE OUR FOREVER SON!!!


The story continues ... but I will save that for another post =)


Our son's new name in case you are wondering ... "Jase" ... and our agency this time around is AAI (an agency that I have such respect for and am excited to be working with)!! Although I also very much liked/like CHI who was our agency with Faith (and would use them again)! And YES I LOVE LOVE LOVE Romana/Bernard/Beacon House ... who are NOT an agency but who did our adoption with Kody and Ella ... I will be forever connected with Ghana and Beacon House!


THANK YOU JESUS for the way that YOU WORK! THANK YOU for the things that YOU DO! THANK YOU for that you choose for us to be YOUR INSTRUMENTS! THANK YOU for that we get to be PART OF what you are doing! I stand in AWE of you!!!

Comments

Michelle said…
I love the story! Keith and I have decided we will always be paperready for whenever God make it clear there is more family for us! You can't fight that kind of thing! Can't wait to hear more.
Rebecca said…
Maria- I have chills reading this and the previous post. It will again be a joy to follow your journey.
Congratulations on 6 Blessings!
anne said…
Not unexpected, and just so happy for you all!!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loved hearing more about Jase....what a blessed little guy he will be...this makes your family even, 3 boys and 3 girls. Looks like God will be providing you with something to drive, right? :)
April
Kristin said…
I want to hear the rest of the story NOW! ;)
Unknown said…
You guys are absolutely amaizing!!! I must say like Rebekka... I have chills!
Gods bless to all of you :*
...I want to hear the rest of the story NOW too! ;)
Shilo Taylor said…
Hooray! So excited for your next adventure! Lance & Jasmine just got their referral & have so far loved AAI- can't wait to hear more as it unfolds.