Mothers!

"The love of God is greater far than tongue or pen can ever tell;
It goes beyond the highest star,
And reaches to the lowest hell;
The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
God gave His Son to win;
His erring child He reconciled,
And pardoned from his sin.

O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints’ and angels’ song.
Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry!
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky."


This song STRUCK my heart this morning! I am such a visual person and I love the constant pictures that this song gives of God's love! God LOVES each one of us SO MUCH! He LOVES me SO MUCH! And if I choose to receive His love, my life SHOULD show it! I should be bleeding God's LOVE all of others! I should not just be worried about me and "my" family!

Somehow for me, while worshipping this song ... my heart went to the mothers of third world nations! Perhaps it was in part because today was Mother's Day and I feel truly so incredibly BLESSED that I get to be MOMMY to each one of my jewels! I can't even count today how many times the word "mommy" was uttered my way, expressed in complete love! Well, every day mothers of this world die! Every day mothers die leaving precious little ones! Every day mothers die with the fear of, "who will take care of my babies?" And "what will happen to my child/my children?"


Yes, this happens in our country! But it happens in other countries EVERY MINUTE of the day! I can't even begin to imagine what that would feel like, dying knowing that my child would be ALL ALONE after I died, with no one to take care of them, with no one to protect them and keep them safe!



If I were dying, the most important thing to me would be that my children would be nurtured, safe and protected, and loved unconditionally by someone who would become my children's forever mommy!


I know the too many mothers that die EVERY DAY have the same hopes --- they just want their babies to be taken care of!


Well, WE the church should be stepping up! Well, we the church should be living OUT OF the LOVE that Christ has given us! Well, WE the church should be more tangible in being the hands and feet of Jesus!

And I PERSONALLY consider it PURE JOY that God has choosen me to be the forever mom to each one of my children! AND I can't wait for the day that I one day get to hug the birth moms of some of my children ... the one day being on the other side of eternity!


ALL CHILDREN are God's children, which makes ALL CHILDREN OUR CHILDREN! We are intended to be ONE FAMILY, united by the fact that we are all adopted by our Heavenly Father and Creator!


Matteus said to me yesturday totally out of the blue after his soccer game! "Mom, I'm so glad we are adopting Jase!" "Why buddy?" I asked him! And he answered something I will nver forget, "so Jase can have HIS OWN FAMILY!"


I'm not quite sure where he got this from! I don't ever remember using these exact words, not the his own part! He gets it though! And he reminded me of WHY WE ARE DOING WHAT WE ARE DOING! Yes, we do have a desire to parent another child (which I believe is very important), but we are also doing it just like Matteus so simply said ... so Jase can have his OWN family!


Oh SIGH! OH MY HEART! I needed that reminder from my son yesturday! It amazes me how God uses our children to speak truth into our lives!






Too many others are waiting today ... to have their OWN family! They are waiting for their OWN mommy and daddy! My prayer is that their cries get answered on THIS SIDE of eternity!

Comments