Camping!

We went camping this past weekend and had the most amazing time!  The weather was awesome!  Our location was awesome, the evidence of God was everywhere!  The kids had such a great time exploring ... so many different things!  And we had such a great time being together ...
 I took "170" pictures this weekend ... you can imagine how difficult it was for me to pick a few to share =)  I picked the one of honey and me ... because it is of my honey who I ADORE ... and because the view ... be still my heart ... just looking at the picture brings me right back to my heart of worship that soooo flooded my soul when we were here ... 'EXALTED, be EXALTED my Creator and King!"

Kody is an excellent camper!  Although he does not love bugs, he loves to explore ... AND this weekend he taught himself how to ride a bike!  He used Ella's bike and I kid you not, he taught himself!  Now I'm thinking I should have posted one of those pics ...  He just kept going and going and eventually he got it!  Although we cheered him on, he needed zero encouragement!  What a JOY to be Kody's forever mom!

Ella never ceases to amaze me ... she is getting more and courageous which is awesome!  Sam was dunking the kids in the water/river which they ALL LOOOOOOOOOOOVED!  And being that in just June Ella was TERRIFIED of the water I thought she was going to skip out on this fun venture ... but nope she was repeated dunked (Kody was too)!!!  Ella truly is such a sweet and affectionate little jewel ... such a gift to our family!  She really is doing SO WELL!  I can't believe she has only been part of our family for just over a year now! 

Anything to do with adventure Faith is THERE and usually the first one to do it!  Although with the dunking activity, Matteus beat her to it!!  Faith has been counting down ALL SUMMER for our first camping trip ... seriously, a literal count down!  Faith's zest and passion for life is contagious!   Faith does not do anything half heartedly, it is such a joy to watch!


This is one of my favorite pictures from the weekend ... I "caught" Matteus's REAL SMILE on the camera!  Usually when he's in a picture he gives me a fake smile ... I adore this little guy and adore his beatiful spirit and smile! 


 I looove this picture of Belle, she had just gotten dunked ... her great big smile says it all!  I LOVE THIS girl!  When we were driving home, we were both worshipping with our hands (to Chris Tomlin) ... out the window!  She would  copy me!  It was the sweetest, as is she!

I took soooooooo many scenic pictures ... most of which look fake but they ARE REAL!!!  And my CREATOR made it all!  He did, He did!  WORSHIP HIM WITH ME!  I added some more of the pictures on the side bars =)

 This was on the way home ... who says you can't camp with five kids =)  Don't we look HAPPY after two days of camping in tents ... we all had a BLAST and are wanting to go to this exact same spot next summer!  We are actually camping this upcoming weekend in another spot!

My husband ROCKS, in all seriousness ... I think He is the BEST dad and husband in the whole wide world!  No bias here!!  THANK YOU JESUS for that You knew Sam was the best husband for me! 


The other part that made our trip AMAZING was that we brought one of my BEST friends and her sweet family with us ... her kids who also happen to be best friends with our jewels!  


Comments

Shonni said…
What a beautiful spot it looks like ya’ll went...just beautiful!!!
Joy said…
Stunning! So glad you had a great time and were able to fully bask in the beauty around you in the form of the natural world, and your lovely family. (I grew up tent-camping with my family, which included 4 kids - so many great memories).
Sarah Stewart said…
I will have to learn from you how to camp with so many kids in a tent...it is a lofty goal for us!!! It looks like a gorgeous spot!
Patty said…
I wish we lived close to you guys. I love your sweet, thankful heart & admire your darling family.

PS. I have a pretty incredibly, amazingly, awesome husband too. :)