Do I really?

"Just when you think you have prepared for all possibilities, something unexpected pops up and throws things into confusion."  Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo my week ... quite honestly leaving me very overwhelmed!  It has been a tough week of processing ... and meditating on "I trust you Jesus!" 

The perfect verse for me this week was sent to me by one of my dear dear friends, "Do not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in EVERYTHING, through prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6

I can SEE now why God wanted "I TRUST YOU JESUS" to be my focus in 2010!  I can see why He wanted that at the forefront of MY HEART!  When I felt Him calling me to a year of trusting, I thought "sure, no problem ... I can do that!"  I was assuming that the year would be a year of transition, as to me it felt like our family had had enough change and faith growing journeys!  No I don't ever want my faith to be stagnant, but I truly was feeling like I could use a break this year of major life changes ... I know that sounds horribly selfish, but that is the truth!

I don't know if it is just me!  Actually I know it is just not me, I hear it all the time from dear friends all the time ... my life and the life of sooooooooo many I know looks NOTHING like the one I/they planned!  And often it feels like I'm getting further and further away from "that" plan!  And actually I am thankful because I find that with each change my perspective changes a lit bit more to embrace that of an eternal perspective!  The only struggle is that it challenges "the plans" I USED to have for my life, my old plans being also more consistent with what the culture that surrounds me seems to expect from me! 

I'm a working mom with SIX kids ... not exactly what our culture says is the "American Dream" so to speak ...  I like the quote from Dangerous Surrender (by Kay Warren) when she says, "I can't worry about what other people think of me anymore. If I do, I'll be crippled."


Although now I do truly more than anything want God's dreams versus the American Dream ...  and the more and more I realize that God's dreams look different for all of us!  I LOVE the fact that God has wired us all to be soo different, and that HE HAS given each one of us different passions!!!  Although I do also believe like Kay Warren says, "Dangerous surrender is exactly that - dangerous!"  I believe God has called us to be sold out for Him and for the purposes and passions He has given us ... whatever that Kingdom Passion is!

It has been a WONDERFUL year though and although there have been many opportunities to say "YES, I trust you Jesus" we have had a fun year as a family of seven ... sooooo many fun adventures and memories together!  And no major life change ... yet ...

Jase's dossier is logged into China!! Yippppppppeeee!  Thank you JESUS!  We found out this past week that it was officially logged in September 7 ... how AWESOME!  It is still hard for me to predict WHEN he will come HOME ...  

Thank you Jesus for EACH one of our precious jewels!  Thank you Jesus for the sacred honor of being a stewart of trauma, thank you for the precious lives that I get to be a part through my job!  Thank you Jesus for having not only my life but also my heart in the palm of your hands!  Thank you Jesus for preparing, protecting, and calling my heart ...

P.S.  The picture is of Sam and I in our first couple of years of marriage ... FUN to look at and think back ... and IF ONLY we had known then what our life would look like now!  LOL, funny ... I am thankful that although at times I wish God would send me His detailed plans, that He only shows me ONE step of the journey at a time ... =)

Comments