Fu-fu!

My ALL time favorite Ghanaian dish is fu-fu!  It is a dough meets mashed potatoes, served with your choice of spicy or not spicy chicken (or I think whatever you would like to eat with it)!  I love spicy food so that is my preference.  And they serve it without utensils, so it is a total finger food!  I had fu-fu lots while I was in Ghana, and it was perhaps what gave me typhoid as I think that one of the times I bought it was from a little bit too local of a joint (meaning it was made only for the locals)!

It is a dish that in Ghana takes literaly HOURS to prepare!  It is a dish that I really did not think I would ever get to enjoy on this side of the world as the preparation of it just did not seem like something I would ever want to tackle!

So when a friend (thank you Kelly) picked up a box of it at an African market near the Seattle airport, a box that all you have to do is add water I was shocked!  It however turned out wonderfully!  Totally YUMMY!  I wish I could say I made it but my sweet honey did, and he did a great job!

ALL of the kids except Kody loved it, Ella was especially thrilled that we were eating "ghanaian" food!  She does not remember eating it, but she did enjoy it!

Comments

Michelle said…
I linked to this great post on fu fu from my facebook page - i was trying to explain fu fu. Please let me know if you want me to remove it! I know my friends well no strangers.